NM speed goat

NMHUNTER

took this nice goat this morning. 250 yard shot from the ol 25-06. God is good.

IMG_0491.jpeg

I shot my NM antelope yesterday and am thinking about going down to a smaller gun. I hit him in the neck and it blew a hole the size of your fist in it. He was a good one too that I was going to get mounted.

I shot my NM antelope yesterday and am thinking about going down to a smaller gun. I hit him in the neck and it blew a hole the size of your fist in it. He was a good one too that I was going to get mounted.
Congrats! Too bad about the mount.. Sounds like a bullet problem not caliber.

If your bullet is blowing big holes in game get a heavier, thicker jacketed bullet and/or reduce velocity some. I have found staying just under 3,000 fps muzzle velocity and using bullets on the heavy side for caliber will reduce the amount of meat damage. My .257 Ackley load is a 120 gr Sierra Gameking SPBT that runs about 2900 fps. Has worked wonders on lopes and whitetail.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom