NM Unit 32 Deer

lopez98gt

I drew my first muzzle hunt OCt24 in unit 32. I have never hunted this area, and was hoping someone can point me in the right direction to start scouting, anything would be much appreciated.

Congrats on your tag. Sorry but never been there. I might recommend going to local sporting goods stores and or calling Game and Fish. They both will probably guide you to some good spots. Good luck!

Eric Santana
www.SantanaOutdoors.com
"Premium Hunting Gear"

You'll find deer on just about any piece of public land in the unit. Like most other areas in the state the prolonged drought hammered the deer herds so they aren't what they were 8-10 years ago. Precipitation last year and this over much of the unit will make conditions for the deer population much better. The best advice I can give you is be prepared to glass a lot and get off the roads. You don't need to get way off the roads just enough to see country that people on the roads can't see. You should have a good hunt and will see deer. Also practice shooting and get to know exactly what your bullet is doing at 150, 200, 225, and 250 yards.
Good luck

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom