NM unit 36 Elk Bow hunt

rexcorbett

Did anyone have any luck Bow hunting Elk in NM #36 this year? I have a ML hunt starting Oct 4-8. Any info would help. Thanks

corbett

The rut was just getting going good during the last day or two of the hunt. We were seeing some good Bull in the Hell Lake area but just could close the deal on any real monsters. My friend had the tag and killed a smaller 6 point last Wensday I believe. Hope that helps
Jordan

I bet you go in Nogal Canyon and trek up ole Church Mountain you will find him in that area. Good luck and let us see the pics.

Didn't find any takers, had some rag horns and small 5pt in my sights but I couldn't pull the trigger. I didn't see anyone take any nice bulls either? An outfitter told me that the dry spring had a toll on the antler growth. I had a great time though! It was beautiful.
corbett

Sorry to hear you didn't see any bigs but did enjoy the beautiful country. Did that outfitter have a camp set up on the "dry creek"? Sounds eerily familiar to my outfitter when I was there a few years back. Creek wasn't dry but was certainly not running.

The outfitter I talked to was with elite. We weren't in the field, so i don't know where his camp was located. Sorry, I don't know where dry creek is?

corbett

I would have guessed Elite as they have recently(past five years) begun to take over that unit as they did unit 34 to the south. Not referring to a creek named Dry but just that the creek we camped on was close to being dry from low rainfall. That area did receive a lot of rain in July/August but probably was too late for antler help.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom