NM Youth Antelope Question

huntswnm

For those folks out there that have taken a kid on the youth antelope hunts near the end of October, how many bucks did you see that had already shed their horns? I have heard of a few people going out and not seeing any bucks with horns and end up shooting a doe. I am thinking about putting my daughter in for some Youth tags, but would really like to have a chance at a buck with both horns attached...ha ha.

jeff

Thank you for your input! I am in the SW portion of the state and all of the youth hunts are the late fall dates. I dont understand why the G&F pushes those youth dates so far back? I see there are some earlier dates for northern parts of the state, but not sure we would be able to travel that far. How about the McGregor Range hunts. Anyone have any experience with the Youth hunt on there?

jeff

I thought they moved those dates up from the end of November to end of October? I would think the bucks would still have horns then, but I could be wrong.

Travis

Yes, the dates are October 26-28 I think. Something like that. I didn't look close at last years proclomation so didnt realize they were that they were in November before. Yes, that would probably make a big difference. Thanks!

jeff

I have the same question as well. My two boys wants to apply for the youth antelope hunt but dont know where to put them in. Is it better to put them in for the regular draw or youth hunt? Looking to put them in the santa rosa area units or what are good units to draw for antelope for youth.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom