NMDGF To Release Hunter Information

TX_Diver

I'm sure most of you just got the same e-mail.

A quick search shows that the guy requesting the info also sued his old employer, etc.

Dare I ask what this guy wants everyone's info for...?

Copied from the e-mail...

New Mexico Department of Game and Fish
Public contact, Information Center: (888) 248-6866
Media contact, Tristanna Bickford: (505) 476-8027
[email protected]

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE, MARCH 19, 2020:

Courts Order Department To Release Customer Names, Email, Addresses Today
SANTA FE – A First Judicial District Court judge has ordered the New Mexico Department of Game and Fish to turn over the names and addresses of all successful big-game applicants for the years 2015 through April 23, 2019 to Los Alamos County resident James Whitehead.

Additionally, the New Mexico Court of Appeals ordered the New Mexico Department of Game and Fish to turn over the email addresses of individuals who applied for state hunting licenses for the years 2015 through 2016 to former Land Commissioner Aubrey Dunn.

Both decisions conclude that information collected from the public in connection with the administration of its public duties falls within the meaning of public records and are subject to disclosure.

In 2017, Dunn requested the names and email addresses of more than 300,000 applicants for New Mexico hunting licenses. Whitehead requested the detailed draw results, names and addresses of all successful applicants, units applied for and units drawn. The Department provided names to Dunn, but denied the additional requests by both parties. As a result, both parties filed lawsuits pursuant to the state Inspection of Public Records Act (IPRA).

“The Department argued against the release, but ultimately lost,” said Director Michael Sloane. “We value the privacy of our customers’ personal information but recognize that is the courts' interpretation of the current IPRA law.”

The Department will release the requested information today and wants to make their customers aware. Individuals who believe they are being harassed by solicitors or similar as a result of this release should call toll-free (844) 255-9210 or file a complaint online at www.nmag.gov/file-a-complaint.aspx.

I likewise did a search on him. I'm also a LANL employee and he looks very familiar to me, but I can't place exactly where I know him from. Looking at his past litigiousness, I think it's unlikely that he wants to sell us anything. More likely he thinks there some sort of collusion going on with NMDGF and successful draw applicants...

Was wondering the same thing. Here are a couple text from some friends that might know more than me

1st text:
I live in los alamos county and this dude is a nutjob. he keeps trying to run for offices here in the county but never gets any votes. He is probably going to try petitioning everyone on the list because he is very anti-gun control and thinks that hunters will sign his petitions based on our tendancy to own guns.
2nd text:
Second is he doesn't believe the draw odds are being followed and want to find something wrong so he can sue .

Also since he has ours ! Here is his.

34304.png

On the first text: why just limit it to successful applicants then? I would think even the unsuccessful applicants would still be "anti gun control."

LOL on your attachment...

In 2017, Dunn requested the names and email addresses of more than 300,000 applicants for New Mexico hunting licenses

Why does Dunn need our info, I'm a nr, she's no longer in office is she ?

Im curious to see the lists. Not for political reasons, but to see how many of the same people(with insiders) draw coveted tags year in and year out.

I wonder if he on this site.

He's going to crap himself when he sees I've drawn Valle Vidal any legal weapon mature bull 3 years in a row. :)

Last edited:
That's a good idea mossback, I never thought about that angle, how would you know who the insider's are ? NMGF Employees ?
There kin folks ?

So they sued "over and over" to get others contact info to prove a point about $50 Million not being used on habitat?

That doesn't add up!

In 2017, Dunn requested the names and email addresses of more than 300,000 applicants for New Mexico hunting licenses

Why does Dunn need our info, I'm a nr, she's no longer in office is she ?
He is no longer the land commissioner. I was glad to see him not run for re-election.

I did the same as many of you. A quick Google search on Mr. Whitehead reveals that he appears to be a person looking for some reason to be offended. I read part of his case against LANL and it was ridiculous.
Still not really happy about having the info released, but I understand why they did it.

So, if any applicants under the age of 18 were to have information released, a calamity of bad things could happen (to them).

We teach our kids to be as discretionary as possible for identity when it comes to social media. I hope the judge that made this ruling ensures the identity is protected for minors.

Last edited:

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom