nmelktrout on "Meateater"

TerynItUp

Anybody else see our very own nmelktrout (Cody Lujan) on the episode of Meateater with Steven Rinella a couple weeks back?

They both killed beautiful bucks and Cody did one hell of a job representing New Mexico sportsmen. Good on you Cody, hope the new job and Colorado are treating you well.

-Teryn

Hunt Hard. Shoot Straight. Kill Clean. Apologize to No One.

I saw it but did not know who he was. He did a very good job representing NM. Definitely one of the best shows on TV!

LAST EDITED ON Oct-30-13 AT 04:26PM (MST)[p]I want to see it. I have watched the show in the past and it is one of the best.
Steven Rinella, is a great spokesman for hunters. There is a utube video out there of him responding to a anti hunter that is as good a response as I have ever seen.

Just so you can recognize nmelktrout, he wears dark rim glasses, normally wears a short beard (like one of the village people) and is about a foot shorter than everyone else :).

Cody is a great guy, and I am sure he represented NM in a great way.

Maybe next time we can find the guys in Las Cruces that lit fire to their friends prosthetic leg a few years back to represent us.

It was a great show and I enjoyed it. Also the antelope tacos looked amazing. Maybe codys dad will share his recipe.

Thanks, guys. More to come from MeatEater, that's for certain. It's great being a part of MeatEater, especially when your buddy is the host as well as a great off-camera guy and advocate for all outdoorsmen. MeatEater is produced by Zero Point Zero, Production, Anthony Bourdain's production group. If any of you watched the New Mexico episode of Bourdain's new show, Parts Unknown, you also saw my family (and father cooking tacos for Tony) and many friends representing New Mexico in a positive light.

Better yet, I sent Bourdain out shooting in the desert with some of my most articulate redneck friends who made a positive impression on him and helped him realize the importance of responsible gun ownership. The episode opens with nearly 15 minutes of shooting and discussions regarding gun control. In fact, Tony wrote a nice piece on responsible gun ownership on CNN.com and had nothing but positive things to say on the episode about responsible gun owners and the discourse that anti-gun advocates need to be having with gun owners. That and we went pack rat hunting with some of my buddies from the Zia Pueblo. Google the episode and watch it - gun owning New Mexicans made a very positive impression on Tony who spoke in favor of gun ownership on the most watched show on CNN.

And yes, Paul nailed it - I'm a short dude, typically sporting some thick black glasses. Made some great friends as a result of this forum and look forward to more hunts with all of you in the future.

I don't always wear glasses, but when I do, I see more animals and shoot more accurately!

-Cody

http://themeateater.com/
www.streamflies.com

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom