NMWF

The chord will be a sour note and get knocked down to a flat chord. LOOK AT THE FACTS RIGHT NOW ON THE DRAW STATS! There are many units where residents get more than the 22%.

LETS LOOK AT WHAT THE REAL NUMBERS are Jolly Green. LETS look at the truth that what is being proposed won't get you your covented unit 9 tag. There are 2 many residents applying for your spot. How are you going to get them to stop applying???

Go to the stats folks. LOOK AT THE REAL NUMBERS.

Learn to apply. THE NMWF is NOT teaching you how to play the game. THEY WANT MEMBERSHIP to pay for the salaries of Jeremy and the 9 member staff. YES ITS ALL ABOUT $$$$$$$ again!!!!

They are using the bad new of folks not knowing how to apply to boost their membership. HOW HONEST IS THAT.

They don't want you to know the truth that even in semi decent units in NM the impact is only going to be maybe 3%.IN THE GILA it WONT CHANGE ODDS 1% for the residents. DO THE MATH!!!

THE TRUTH IS THAT EVEN WITH THEIR CAMPAIGN SPEECH, THE CHANGE WON'T HAPPEN TO ALLOW YOU TO DRAW. YET an industry will lose jobs over a damn elk.

No, that's not selfish.

Remember fellows, there is alot of money at steak. We see a more intense version in juarez NM. People are getting killed over a certain sought after item. Expect furious responses from LOs and some OFs on this subject. It shows we are hitting a cord. We should see the system lower the 22% thing to 12%, but you better where bullet proof vests to the meetings. Some, not all of these people are ruthless toward the tax paying hunter citizen who wants a fair deal. Another benefit is once more NM residents and our youth experience elk/antelope hunting, they will be buying more ATVs and RVs and camping supplies from our states businesses. Most of the stuff is provided for NRs who are outfitted. Definitely benefits the state more.

And Landowners and Outfitters don't pay taxes. You have no clue what the NR NMGRT is from the outfitting business that goes into the NM state coffers! That money helps all the citizens of NM.

>And Landowners and Outfitters don't pay
>taxes. You have no clue
>what the NR NMGRT is
>from the outfitting business that
>goes into the NM state
>coffers! That money helps all
>the citizens of NM.

Now that is downright funny!!!

Not sure I follow Bullbreath....

I don't think taxation and rev would think its funny it they didn't get their check from the ag industry or outfitters that sell hunts.

I know lots of LO and have purchased tags on several occasions. I have had numerous landowners tell me that they don't report the money received from tags as income because there is no way for anyone to know if they sold them or gave them to their cousin. I am sure this is not true for all LO, but in my experience there is a significant portion who don't report or at least under report the income they obtain from selling tags. It is also funny that every time I have purchased a LO tag, the LO has requested payment in cash.

I would love for tax and rev to look into a few LO reporting of income on this and see if my experience is correct. If I am correct, a few prosecutions of LO regarding failure to report income from tags would generate a lot more tax money for the state than the system currently does.

By the way, before you tell me I should report them to T&R, I did once after listening to a LO brag about how much he made tax free of of elk tags. T&R never followed up on the tip as far as I know.

Landowners that sell hunts as a commercial venture are required to report. The permits sold alone are exempt as ag, except when sold to an outfitter to include in a hunt. At that point the entire package is taxed based on the amount required by the county. On July 1, Bernalillo County went to 7%. Our invoice includes the gross receipts tax which is passed on to the NR who pays for the hunt, ergo money for the state of NM. Take a stab at the amount of funds received from gross receipts on hunts sold by outfitters, private and public land, and private ranches offering commercial hunting.

WOW... I never thought about that.. it is tax free income.. What a deal... making tax free income off of public animals... Amazing.. I have always said... once the flood gates on this entire process open there are going to be alot of heads that are going to roll.... LO are going to wish that they tried to meet us half-way...
J

LAST EDITED ON Jul-25-10 AT 10:09PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jul-25-10 AT 10:08?PM (MST)

Lots of Noise J. Good Luck.

OH and dont forget that they need the money to pay for the TV ad promoting Cap and Tax.

Yup Cap and Tax where job loss and douple dip inflation will occure.

>LAST EDITED ON Jul-25-10
>AT 10:09?PM (MST)

>
>LAST EDITED ON Jul-25-10
>AT 10:08?PM (MST)

>
>Lots of Noise J. Good Luck.
>

THAT IS HILARIOUS... This particular post is NOTHING BUT NOISE...

I love it...

NMWF - Did you know that the NMWF identifies Aldo Leupold as their founding father? - a non-resident of the state of New Mexico. The father of modern conservation is a native of Iowa, lived largely in Arizona while in the southwest and spent most of his later years in Wisonsin. I wish they would stop using his name in their literature if this is going to be their mission. If their mission is conservation and improving widllife habitat then OK. Ironic isn't it.

>And Landowners and Outfitters don't pay
>taxes. You have no clue
>what the NR NMGRT is
>from the outfitting business that
>goes into the NM state
>coffers! That money helps all
>the citizens of NM.

Gross Receipts tax.....????

Wanna help New Mexico? Abolish the Pit rule!!! We're talking about 200% bigger impact to GRT compared to this.

"Windage & Elevation Pilgrim, Windage & Elevation"

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom