No Archery Bucks Yet?

Wiszard

Long Time Member
I've been in Florida the past 6 days and I can't believe that there have not been any posts of any archery deer taken yet. Nobody? If you've arrowed 'em, post 'em!! Thanks...

4886b91f70f6d70b.jpg

Steve

Steve, I've been wondering the same thing. With all the kali guys that archery hunt, you would think that somebody would have tagged a buck by now. Somebody's got to do it, might as well be you!

Nice pic of the Family!!

Joey

Joey- I've only had the opportunity to get out once this year. Things have been a little busy with work and family stuff. I can't complain though. I'm kinda surprised HunterHarry or his son hasn't bagged anything yet. I'm not sure if BOHNTR hunts the A zone but he normally gets a buck or two with his bow. Hopefully someone gets something soon.

Steve

Killing a buck wouldn't have been a problem, both me and my son have had small bucks broadside at about 40 yards or less.
There are good bucks to be had if we are patient.
We have till late September to get it done with good rutting action starting about Sept 15.
I'll be holding out for one of the good ones that I know are there.
Our area has very poor genetics for producing four points, but still some of the big forked horns are pretty cool.
I'm huntin this guy hard.

bt-2.jpg

HH said; "I'm huntin this guy hard."

Wow! That is a Nice Blackie for sure Harry. 4 pointers are great but some areas just don't often produce them. The ranch that i grew up hunting, much like your son, was like that. Lots of bucks topped out as mature big forkies or 3X2's, still nice trophy's.

Love that photo, classic!

Joey

HH- The only thing better than a big, deep-forked forkie is a big, deep-forked 3 pointer. I love the look of a spread out, long-tined buck. I don't have to have 4 points per side....I like long, individual tines. That fork looks like one I'd be huntin' as well. Good luck with your hunt!

Steve

Could one of you boy's post some pic's of recently deceased black-tail?? allot of us who hasn't got in the field yet would appreciate it....

Thanks!!
Mike

Simo42,

Great buck! What's the story? Love to hear some particulars on how you wee able to arrow this DANDY!! Congrats!!

Joey

HEY JOEY,
SHOT HIM ON TUESDAY OF OPENING WEEK.HAD A GOOD CHANCE ON SUNDAY BUT AT 22 YARDS DREW BACK ONLY TO HAVE MY RELEASE FAIL AND PUNCH MYSELF IN THE MOUTH.OUCH IN MORE WAYS THAN ONE.WAS LUCKY ENOUGH TO BE HUNTING PRIVATE LAND SO WITH NO PRESSURE HE SHOWED UP AGAIN TWO DAYS LATER.AFTER THE SHOT I THOUGHT HE HAD WENT DOWN AT SIXTY YARDS BUT HE WENT INTO A CREEK DRAINAGE AND WHEN HE CAME OUT THE OTHERSIDE WAS STILL TRUCKIN.TALKIN ABOUT PEAKS AND VALLEYS OF EXCITEMENT.WE LET HIM GO FOR AN HOUR AND A HALF AND I WAS A LITTLE NERVOUS BECAUSE HE LOOKED STRONG WHEN WE MADE THAT DECISION.ALTHOUGH HE WAS PROBABLY DEAD SOONER. HE STILL WENT THROUGH A CREEK AND OVER A BARB WIRE FENCE.
SIMO

Simo42, Thanks! How often does a release fail? The chance of that happening on a big buck like yours, probably doesn't happen very often. Must not have been your day. Glad to hear that you were able t get back on him the next day though, he sure is nice.

Not much response from the rest of the Kali Gang??? Darn fine animal and thanks for the story!

Joey

Well the FS finally opened up my hunting spot due to the fires! I was going to leave Friday after work then I heard hwy 36 was closed due to a big rig accident. Saturday afternoon it was still closed! So I took the long way around, which added another 75 miles or so. Saturday evening and Sunday was good hunting. I saw 16 does and fawns and one spike.

No kill, but it sure was great to be out hunting finally!

Eel

I got one in D6 on opening day. He is a 17 in. wide by 18 in. tall 3x3 with forked eyeguards. i took him at 37 yards.

48bf04e143eb1489.jpg

I was able to take my 2nd archery buck 3rd day of the season. He is nothing big, just a little 3x2 but I was still happy to arrow him. 36 yard shot...man I wish they were all that easy!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom