No Excuses For Me

cbeard

Very Active Member
Took my new Nosler 48 .270 WSM to the range yesterday. The results were above my wildest expectations.I had previously broken in the barrel and sighted it in with Nosler 140 gr. Accubonds. It still printed them in a 3/4" group exactly 3" high.

So I tried 130 gr. TSX's. Result:a one inch group just to the right of the first group.

Next I put in 150 gr. Nosler Partitions. Guess what? They printed a 1 1/4" group about an inch below the other two groups.

100 yards,nine shots,three different bullets, and all in a circle the size of an orange.

So if I miss,it's all on me.....

:)

thats great, with a rifle like that you will be extending your range in no time, i see some turrets in your future;-)

Sounds sweet!! You pay that kinda money for a fine firearm, it's nice when it prints small groups right outa the box! Did you put a crono graph on those loadings?

Congrats!!!!
Joey

Hey Joey-

No,I'm afraid I'm not that far along yet.I don't own a chrony or even reload. The Accubonds were Noslers and both the TSX's and Partitions were Federal premiums. It's scary to think what you guys could tune it down to with handloads!

Yeah I was more than a little relieved that it performed as advertised.....

Clay

You have a good gun there and if it shoots like that it only shows that they shoot the way they build them great. I see a sheep hunt in your future........ wait I'm getting something else no......I see a great future for that rifle and the hunter that carries it on many hunts! :) Hope you put it to good use this fall!

Thanks Boskee.I'm still waiting on most of the sheep draws hoping for lightning to strike.My best chance-Wyoming- posts their results Monday.
Plus I'm putting back for a Dall hunt in 2010 or 2011.

Till then the whitetails on my farm better watch out!!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom