NO SHED LICSENSE FINE???

elkassassin

Long Time Member
Anybody know what the Fine is for this?

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

In Utah it's not a license. But for a certain period of time you must have the ethics course certificate, done online.

I'm sure there is both confiscation and a fine for not having that here in Utah.

After seeing what a good area for shed hunting looks like about this time of year, covered in four-wheeler tracks everywhere they shouldn't be, it's obvious that penalties are not steep enough...

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

OK!

My Bad!

It's not really a License!

Like Browning said:

It's an Ethics Course Certificate!

Well!

I know this Guy!

And You Guys know who this Guy is too!

He was actually at work the other Day Cruisin up the road & Spots a Shed out the Truck Window!

Decides that Shed is Goin Home with Him!

Stops his Rig,Walks out & Grabs the Shed,as He turns around to pack the Shed back,Oh Sshhitt,We got company,Yup,A Shed Warden!:D

He knew about the Ethics Course!

But didn't have His Ethics Course Certificate completed for 2014!

He Wonders if He should Drop/Throw the Shed but knew He was already Busted!

Now He's wondering what this is gonna cost Him besides the PISSCUTTER Antler?

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

>So you finally found a shed
>elk assassin?

Only for a Minute!:D:D:D

LAST EDITED ON Mar-16-14 AT 08:59AM (MST)[p]Bessy, you know when they bust you for something like this, that they take your name out of the hunt draws for that year as part of the punishment! :)

Poaching bastard! Breaking any game law is a serious thing. I hope they fine him thousands and put his ass in jail! Everyone knows that ILLEGAL shed hunting is the gateway crime. Next thing you know this joker will have a loaded rifle on his quad or be shooting a town buck in a cemetery.

[font color="blue"]I don't make the soup, I just stir it.[/font]

many jobs in the oil field. it could cost you your job, so please watch what you do,,,,, same with state and gov jobs,

>Poaching bastard! Breaking any game law
>is a serious thing. I
>hope they fine him thousands
>and put his ass in
>jail! Everyone knows that ILLEGAL
>shed hunting is the gateway
>crime. Next thing you know
>this joker will have a
>loaded rifle on his quad
>or be shooting a town
>buck in a cemetery.
>
>[font color="blue"]I don't make the soup,
>I just stir it.[/font]

EASY NVB!

I Think this is a First Offense!

JUDAS!

Another MM Trial!

>I think the fine should be
>loosing ALL your Limited entry
>points

JUDAS Stonefly!

That'd Hurt!

That certificate is a waste of dwr funds to conduct it, it teaches nothing and gains nothing, i dont understand the point of it. It really does nothing but waste money. But, until its lifted for being stupid, or until the dinks charge for it ill muscle thru the 15 mins to take it. I have not heard of anyone getting fined for it tho.

We took our RZR out on the Fishlake, Rex's Res. area and I have never seen so many horn hunters. It was almost as bad as the hunting season. Doesn't anyone work anymore?

I agree with Theox. What harm comes from not having a permission slip in your pocket to pick up sheds? This only serves as an revenue generator and imaginary Job justifier for Game Wardens I took the test last year and cant even remember what was on it. This kind of nonsense doesnt serve wildlife the public or sportmen.It is state F@G serving themselves again.

>We took our RZR out on
>the Fishlake, Rex's Res. area
>and I have never seen
>so many horn hunters.
>It was almost as bad
>as the hunting season.
>Doesn't anyone work anymore?

Same Thoughts here!

You'd have to take a bunch of time off of work to compete with all the BS!

I like to Shed Hunt!

But GEEZUS!

This is outa Hand!

LAST EDITED ON Mar-25-14 AT 07:21PM (MST)[p]Government out of control! Period,on this one. Just another way to make a dollar. If they would eliminate some of these azzhats jobs they wouldn't need to charge the public for half the crap they charge us for.

I'll never buy/ fill out/ take a quiz/test etc for sheds. Pure bs.

Flame away. I need to sell some bone soon also.

Listen to yourselves. How is this a money maker or job justification for DWR employees? They don't hire additional staff to check shed hunters. In fact it does nothing but add another responsibility to an already overburdened division. The ethics course was about educating the public so they would not be forced to implement a season. It is a minor inconvenience and comes at the expense of a single sheet of paper. The majority probably take the test at work and use their employers ink, paper, and hourly wage, to do so. They cannot educate those who chose not to be educated. Like many who have made ignorant comments on this thread.

And I have no idea what the fine is. The course was designed to educate those harassing wildlife not a dude driving down the road who stumbles on a shed. It seems rather cheap to cite a guy in a situation like the one described.

Ok, I've been known to pick up a shed antler or two if I find them interesting. I probably have 10 or 12 sheds in my shop. But any more so many people appear to be shed hunting for money. Gathering large quantities of antler and selling them to someone who sells them to someone who grinds them up for aphrodisiacs or whatever it is they do with it. So its not just picking up a shed here or there. It' a commercial venture. Money often leads to people making bad decisions and acting in bad ways. So why SHOULDN'T that be a regulated thing just like all other commercial ventures on public land utilizing a public resource.

Just asking...

NV Bighorn, do you really think that the average sportsman needs this type of Nanny State regulation? And do you really think that wildlife benefits from it?
Gunnie3035,like I said that is exactly what this is: an imaginary job justifier and money maker. It is a money maker for the courts in the form of fines and busy work for the regulatory busybodys. Game Wardens in Utah are known to park along the main roads on the Henry Mountains and write out piles of citations for not having a Shed Horn Hunting License.
Additionally,about the time this and other silly laws were passed I understand that Utah went from having 25 Game Wardens to 50 (too bad game didnt double as result). That is an increase of 100% and exactly 25 imaginary jobs...because nothing of value has been produced by the additional 25 Game Wardens.The problem being that Game Wardens cost the taxpayer, more accurately the sportsmen about $200,000 per year each. 5 million dollars a year in imaginary wildlife conservation.

Grand Slam #911

Bone is selling for 14$ a pound this year.A lot more hunting it in Sanpete and Sevier counties this year.

>Ok, I've been known to pick
>up a shed antler or
>two if I find them
>interesting. I probably have 10
>or 12 sheds in my
>shop. But any more so
>many people appear to be
>shed hunting for money. Gathering
>large quantities of antler and
>selling them to someone who
>sells them to someone who
>grinds them up for aphrodisiacs
>or whatever it is they
>do with it. So its
>not just picking up a
>shed here or there. It'
>a commercial venture. Money often
>leads to people making bad
>decisions and acting in bad
>ways. So why SHOULDN'T that
>be a regulated thing just
>like all other commercial ventures
>on public land utilizing a
>public resource.
>
>Just asking...
>
>
>
>[font color="blue"]I don't make the soup,
>I just stir it.[/font]

JUDAS PRIEST NVB!

You work for the State of Utah/Tax Commission/DWR?

$200,000 a year for a warden position!?!?!?!? In your dreams maybe.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-26-14 AT 09:02PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Mar-26-14 AT 08:54?PM (MST)

>Listen to yourselves. How is
>this a money maker or
>job justification for DWR employees? (Think this out Mr. Educated? Seriously ?)
> They don't hire additional
>staff to check shed hunters.
> In fact it does
>nothing but add another responsibility
>to an already overburdened division. (Fact?That's pure government talk right there. It called life! It's called a job in America. This whole overburdened mentality is a excuse for lazy people. Be grateful. Next I am going to hear how good Obamacare is good for me and my family.)
>The ethics course was about
>educating the public so they
>would not be forced to
>implement a season. (They don't need to be forced to do anything! 100 yrs ago, 50 yrs ago etc it worked just fine with out the rule/law. But now it becomes a recreation activity and a demand for bone increases so by dang let's charge the public/sportsman. And yes is comes at a large expense. Not just a .9 cent piece of paper.) (That sir is ignorant ) It
>is a minor inconvenience and
>comes at the expense of
>a single sheet of paper.
> The majority probably take
>the test at work and
>use their employers ink, paper,
>and hourly wage, to do
>so. ( Your right,my paper, ink, and time) They cannot educate
>those who chose not to
>be educated. (I am all for education. However, put it on a one pager in the proclamation and be done.) Like many
>who have made ignorant comments
>on this thread. (Much agreed,your friend. MilliGun)
>
>And I have no idea what
>the fine is. The
>course was designed to educate
>those harassing wildlife not a
>dude driving down the road
>who stumbles on a shed.
> It seems rather cheap
>to cite a guy in
>a situation like the one
>described.

I'm sorry for my grammer errors. I am typing off my phone and it's hard to feel/hit the right keys from my callused finger tips from being over burdened.
Next, I'm going to get told being gay is cool? Please.

Trammer you must have one heck of an awesome source. I would like to hear your number on how each officer costs 200,000 dollars each? Also I highly doubt Utah just up and double its officer numbers to enforce a shed law. You know maybe we should have any officers at all in your opinion. Sportsman are all honest sportmans, we wont have any problems at all.

Gunnie3035,like I said that
>is exactly what this is:
>an imaginary job justifier and
>money maker. It is a
>money maker for the courts
>in the form of fines
>and busy work for the
>regulatory busybodys. Game Wardens in
>Utah are known to park
>along the main roads on
>the Henry Mountains and write
>out piles of citations for
>not having a Shed Horn
>Hunting License.
> Additionally,about the time this
>and other silly laws were
>passed I understand that Utah
>went from having 25 Game
>Wardens to 50 (too bad
>game didnt double as result).
>That is an increase of
>100% and exactly 25 imaginary
>jobs...because nothing of value has
>been produced by the additional
>25 Game Wardens.The problem being
>that Game Wardens cost the
>taxpayer, more accurately the sportsmen
>about $200,000 per year each.
>5 million dollars a year
>in imaginary wildlife conservation.
>
>Grand Slam #911

A new conservation officer makes exactly $17.61 per hour after probation = $36,628 per year, + taxes, retirement, benefits, vehicle, fuel; all said and done a bit under 100K per public safety position. If a person chooses to gather antlers at a place like the Henrys without a certificate, I cant help but wonder how he survived to adulthood.

wow,, all the money sheds put in to Utah, and not a dime for wildlife,,????/a lot of you need to think on that,

Trammer- You got a link we could look at to verify that, or is it just some bull$hit that you heard somewhere. We all know you hate the UDWR anyway...

Pooner, my figure of $200,000 a years is the bare bones cost of a Game Warden who is actually in the field. When you ad the cost of the one in the office that backs up every one in the field the cost is more like $400,000. If you use actual DWR figures you will see that the DWR has an annual budget of 80 Million, about a forth of which goes to the cost of law enforcement. So using 3rd grade math you can see that according to the DWR a Warden in the field costs us $400,000 a year. Remember 50 Wardens.
The salary and benefits for the average warden runs about $100,000 (not 17.61 per hour) If you want me to define what benefits are I will. Then you have overhead, vehicle, expense accounts etc. The only thing that you are right about is that I do advocate doing away with the Game Wardens job altogether.Because they are such a miserable failure at doing meaningful wildlife conservation. Any idiot knows that sportsmen catch poachers, not Game Wardens. Game Wardens only process the case..and that can be done much more efficiently by a County Sheriff and free up conservation dollars in the process. Imagine what great shape we would be in had 25 government Lion hunters been added a few years ago rather than 25 do nothing Wardens. Gunnie3035 and NVBighorn you two should go sign up for an economics class.

You hear that NVB?

LAST EDITED ON Mar-27-14 AT 11:27PM (MST)[p]
>law enforcement. So using 3rd
>grade math you can see
>that according to the DWR
>a Warden in the field
>costs us $400,000 a year.

Maybe the fact that you are using third grade math is the problem.

>Any idiot knows

Maybe I'm just not any idiot.

>Gunnie3035 and NVBighorn
>you two should go sign
>up for an economics class.
>

You learn your economics at the coffee shop? Or the bar? I know your type very well. You've got all the answers.

You're clueless.

>Pooner, my figure of $200,000 a
>years is the bare bones
>cost of a Game Warden
>who is actually in the
>field. When you ad the
>cost of the one in
>the office that backs up
>every one in the field
>the cost is more like
>$400,000. If you use actual
>DWR figures you will see
>that the DWR has an
>annual budget of 80 Million,
>about a forth of which
>goes to the cost of
>law enforcement. So using 3rd
>grade math you can see
>that according to the DWR
>a Warden in the field
>costs us $400,000 a year.
>Remember 50 Wardens.
> The salary and benefits
>for the average warden runs
>about $100,000 (not 17.61 per
>hour) If you want me
>to define what benefits are
>I will. Then you have
>overhead, vehicle, expense accounts etc.
>The only thing that you
>are right about is that
>I do advocate doing away
>with the Game Wardens job
>altogether.Because they are such a
>miserable failure at doing meaningful
>wildlife conservation. Any idiot knows
>that sportsmen catch poachers, not
>Game Wardens. Game Wardens only
>process the case..and that can
>be done much more efficiently
>by a County Sheriff and
>free up conservation dollars in
>the process. Imagine what great
>shape we would be in
>had 25 government Lion hunters
>been added a few years
>ago rather than 25 do
>nothing Wardens. Gunnie3035 and NVBighorn
>you two should go sign
>up for an economics class.
>

Perhaps you can sign up for a budgeting course along with economics your class. My figure of 100k per CO is accurate and this includes vehicle, fuel, wages, and benefits. A CO's retirement is 24% of his $17.61 per hour, his medical benefit are approximately 1k per month on average. This may vary somewhat given the age and longevity of the officer. Now keep in mind the agency is required to keep matcHing funds on hand for any unused benefits. Meaning if the employee has 100 hrs of sick leave or vacation then those funds by statue are banked. This is exactly the same cost any local deputy, trooper, corrections officer, etcetera, would cost the public. To think a deputy sheriff would be more efficient is plain false. The cost would be transferred to the county therefore funded by tax dollars rather than license sales. And the sheriff would simply add another employee or three to wildlife crime. It would most likely be more expensive as deputies generally make more money per hour than CO's. I'm not certain how many support staff they haver per CO but the wage and retirement benefit will be significantly lower than a CO position. The support staff most likely would contain more and a higher paid staff in a SO than the DWR. I don't know for sure but I don't think the CO's have their own support staff per se, that funding is most likely a line item shared expense between departments in the DNR. Now with that said keep in mind there may be certain instances where an SO would be closer to the same cost the further you move off the Wasatch front, but it would not be cheaper. Do you want CO's solely dedicated to wildlife crime or do you want deputies who are dedicated part-time to wildlife crime. I assure you if an SO received extra funding and personnel to enforce wildlife crimes it would take a backseat to other crime via the voting public. You would not have 25 to 1 as mentioned if the switch was made. An SO will not train every patrol deputy in wildlife crime and it is different. A CO is more than just another LEO writing shed hunters a citation. I doubt any sheriff would even want the responsibility of enforcing wildlife crime. They have their hands full as it is. At least those who run a correctional facility do.

You are right about one thing the public catches criminals and the LEO's process the information. Your just a little misguided on how the overall government expenses work. CO's are severely underpaid on gross income given the minimum requirements to qualify for the job.

Gunnie3035, one place that you are wrong is in the base salary of of CO that I understand to be about $60,000 a year with many exiting the system upon retirement at $100,000 so a figure of $30 to $60 per hour as a starting point is more accurate. Then you miss countless other costs like social security tax, unemployment insurance,federal unemployment tax, Workers Comp insurance. Travel expenses, meals, Lodging,PTO, pension etc.The true cost of a CO in the field is much higher than you and likely even the CO thinks. But thats not really the issue.
The real issue is that we insult and put these talented people to work enforcing silly regulations like the shed antler law. I would hate to think that my work was so meaningless that I passed out tickets to people who picked up cast deer antlers if they had not received my prior written approval to do so.I think it was Peter Drucker who said "nothing is as unproductive as trying to do something productively, that you shouldnt be doing at all" The whole thing is paumpus and insulting to a free Americans
The other thing that you are failing to see is that the job of the Game Warden has become obsolete. Mainly because the task of patrolling has been taken on by Sportsmen. We no longer need to fund the largely fruitless pursuit of paying people to drive around and try to catch people breaking the law. Hunters do that. All we need is for someone with a badge a gun and a truck to come arrest the bastards we catch.And most of a COs time is in doing just that; driving around, at their discretion, puttering around in the field or watching cartoons with their kids (most DWR now telecommute) that means that they only need to be reached by telephone when someone needs them. They come and go as they please. We pay for that.
Bottom line is that we could get rid of game wardens entirely. Route the Law enforcement calls to County Sheriffs (without adding a single Sheriff) and direct the $20 million dollars a year toward meaningful wildlife conservation.Only then, are we paying for Law Enforcement only, when they are in production.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom