nofundme

huntjock

"Truck Down" was a thread I started last week. Thanks for the responses and encouragement pm's.

Just found out my truck will be totaled. The collision shop said that as soon as they hit the 75% threshold of vehicle's value its game over - "didn't even need to pop the hood." Doesn't really matter that my loss was someone else's fault.

Well, I really didn't want to hear that.

A couple of you helped to prep me for the reality of it, though. Thanks.

Still, I didn't need to hear it. I just needed my truck to be around for a little while longer.

Maybe its a little strange to bring this up here, but my clock is ticking for number of outings/hunts before I am done. My truck and I were in a little competition of sorts for who would outlast the other - or at least crossing the finish line together. Me trying to keep my one and only truck in good enough shape was sorta my way of possibly (hopefully) moving that finish line further out in front of us...with 158K miles, new injectors and some other minor things, I figured the truck would go another 150K miles, so 10+ years. And, of course, I've been doing my best to keep things going on my end.

You see, I have a 50% chance of still being around in 9 months, a 7% chance of being here beyond 4 years - according to the statistics for my situation. For 2020, I have a Utah deer hunt with my 2 older sons, and my brother finally applied for and drew his sheep tag so we could enjoy that one together. I am just along for the fun. I don't have any tags, personally.

Though I really didn't need this additional trial, I realize that life does throw you some curve balls. Go ahead and swing while you are at the plate with the bat in your hands!

Happy hunting!
Neil

oh, why the subject "nofundme"? Here's an (iOS only) app that I've worked on over the past few years. Tried and tested. Hopefully you find it useful. Free. In-app purchases available.

Shoot Yes app

Well, if it was a competition, you out lived the truck. You won! :)Not the way you wanted though. I understand that and I meant no disrespect.

Sorry to hear of your curve ball and praying for the best. Enjoy the time being with family this season. I'll be thinking of you.

Damn dude. I hope you enjoy your time left with your kids. I hope even more that they enjoy that time with you and they have it to look back on.
Sorry to hear about your situation

Dang sir. I'm sorry to hear this..... Hang in there. In four years, you're going to have to bring this thread up again to say you've beat that timeline as well! Good luck sir and here's to an amazing 2020 season.

Odds and statistics.... pfffttt. There’s 100% chance you are here today! Make each day, month, year, decade count, as I am sure you have. Enjoy the heck out of your upcoming hunts, the planning, and the time spent with your sons and brother.

Odds and statistics.... pfffttt. There’s 100% chance you are here today! Make each day, month, year, decade count, as I am sure you have. Enjoy the heck out of your upcoming hunts, the planning, and the time spent with your sons and brother.
Yea, what he said. You have today going for you.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom