Non-Res ATV

OpeningDay

going on my firts deer hunt in CO. I am from Utah. I heard that I will need to get a special registration or something to be able to bring my ATV's into CO. Does anyone have any info on what I will need to do before I can use my ATV's on my CO hunt this fall?? Thanks in advance..

I think we paid around $25 each last year. You can buy them anyplace that sells licenses in Colorado. You can even buy them online I believe.

Ya, unless they doubled the price this year it is $25, and you can get them before the season online, or in person at any place that sells licenses.

Thanks for the info. I knew I would get the quickest response and answer to my question right here on MM..

I CAN DRIVE MY TRUCK TO COLORADO TO HUNT......BUT THE QUAD WILL COST A HUNTER $25.25 TO RIDE IT AROUND.......MORE BS.......YD.

You can also get them at some ATV dealers.

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

I'm thinking that if your state has ATV registration that you won't need to buy a sticker...even Kalifornia recognizes other states stickers.

John 14:6

"I CAN DRIVE MY TRUCK TO COLORADO TO HUNT......BUT THE QUAD WILL COST A HUNTER $25.25 TO RIDE IT AROUND.......MORE BS.......YD."

Yea...and I go to Utah with my quads and it costs me $30.00 each...It is what it is!

My good leather shoes dont have to registered.But then again they dont tear anything up like atv tires.....pls stay on the darn road

I have to buy a Utah sticker to go ride on the Swell. I bought it at my local ATV deler in Grand Junction.

Has anyone ever been checked on this in CO. I have always contributed my $25 and been checked by the game wardens and none of them ever say a peep about it. Or is it the Forest Service that enforces it? When I have to pay I feel like need to tear up an extra $25 worth of landscape to get my moneys worth.

Forest Service folks ARE Game Wardens during hunting seasons. I've been checked many times by US Forest Service personnel.

I can assure you that they look at the ATV. Nothing will be said when they see the sticker.

I've also had Game Wardens to look through my trash bags when I wasn't in camp. I had one to drive up one day and ask to see a "Small Game license. He then said that he had seen grouse feathers in the garbage bag a few days earlier, but no one was in camp. He said that they don't make the laws.....they just enforce them.

from now I'm taking my garbage bag to the camp next to me so they can see how much beer them guys drink. LOL

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Pretty funny, taking the bags to someone else's camp. I'm on the younger end of the spectrum and I'm a boot leather guy and didn't know about this fee. I wonder if the money goes to maintaining the trails or if it just goes in the general bucket? Do any residents know how much they work to keep the trails from getting rutted up? I live is Wisconsin and the state just closed hundreds if not thousands of miles of forest service roads to ATV's because deer hunters were tearing them up faster than they could keep them in good condition.

hunters, the Forest Service will check your ATV for a current sticker. A couple of years ago, one of our group forgot to order his sticker. An employee of the Forest Service came by and of course checked out the four wheelers. He gave our guy the option to go about 50 miles to his office and make the purchase or to be issued a citation. My hunting buddy had to miss a morning's hunt in Colorado while he went to purchase his sticker. You had better order them via the internet before you venture to Colorado. Good hunting, Cowtag

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom