Non Resident Bull

wrenchN86

So drew big goose eggs in Nevada, where we reside. Looking to possibly come up to Montana for non resident bull tag this year or next. I have been in Area 3 twice exploring and seen hundreds and hundreds of elk. Any information on over the counter non res tags, if there is such thing, or draw dates for non res bull tags would be much appreciated!

I was out quite a bit last year and also saw hundreds of elk. However, very few of those were legal bulls. I sat back and glassed while the word got out and people flooded in and started chasing them. This year going for a cow...

I was up there back in March, I only saw one spike that still had horn on, rest had already dropped. So I looked for color of hide to tell bull or cow. I was there for 4 days, went out all four days, and on average per day I seen probably 6-8 bulls, and probably hundreds of cows lol. And about a million deer and lope. When I would be up on the ridges shedding I could still see snowmobile tracks riding ridge and then going down the draws assuming they would see a herd and go chase them. Heard they were getting a lot of pressure early for their sheds. I didn't feel as bad because like I said all the bulls I seen had already dropped. Beautiful country out there for sure!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom