non resident fee increase passage /prefeence point purchase

S

springer1

this bill passed the house on friday, right before lunch and early release for the easter weekend so the reps. didnt have to deal with they're constiuents.(44 for gougeing -sportsman/15 against )we have one avenue to take before everybody should contemplate boycotting fish & game ,that is everybody should contact govenor Butch otter office #208-334-2100 you will talk to a very nice lady name of emily be very courteous and tell her to have the governor to veto we need everybody support.

With the gross mismanagement of game. I wouldn't pay last years fees again. Let alone an increase.

The problem in Idaho is much deeper than a fee increase. I think they hired Utah's biologist to manage their herds.

Grizzly

you are so very right that GROSS MISMANAGMENT of the resources,but it is do to the fact from the top down they 're nothing back east enviromentalist "that graduate " from the school of stupidity,that dont believe in hunting as a manamgement tool.although they build a "mean "bird house and chase butterflies and look for flowers that might be endangered .if you are from utah dont let them put wolves in your backyard......

I am from Utah, but have spent far more time and money hunting and fishing in Idaho. It is terrible what has happened up there. Wildlife managers used to be the biggest supporters of hunting/fishing. You're absolutely right that we are getting the wrong set of people into the departments right now.

Utah State University has long had a very respected wildlife program, but now you are hard-pressed to find a hunter taking advanced classes. That means we are in for a real big fight in the future when they are running our game departments.

Hopefully Utah can use Prop 5 to keep wolves out and save hunting in the future.

Grizzly

I don't like fee increases either, especially when you get less for your money. The problem Idaho has is alot the same as Utah has experienced over the last 50 years, over population. Now you throw the wolf problem in, I don't think there's much hope for the future. There will be hunting in the future, but there is no way it will ever be anywhere close to what it was 20 years ago. Alot of non-residents may not buy licenses, but it really doesn't matter, because right now the demand far exceeds the supply.

Personally I'm going to do what the wolf does, when it runs out of game it goes some where else. Alberta, and other places look pretty good right now.

Interesting comments, gang.

I spoke with an IDFG biologist about a month ago and he talked for 5 minutes about how they had over-harvested Elk in the unit I was interested in.

These things happen, I suppose. Afterall, game estimates are just that...estimates. But the thing that struck me as odd was that he didn't seem to care. His comments were so matter-of-fact and he didn't seem to know at that moment how they planned to allocate tags in the coming years to correct the problem.

Raghorn Hunting Services
www.raghornhuntingservices.com
[email protected]

what unit was that ?i know of 400 resident elk hunters that dint see little lone kill elk last year ,why do you think were mad ? further more why are most of the outfitters selling off thier businesses ?what unit were curious about,the only units with a sizeable elk popoulation to hunt is either a unit that is close to the washinton border going toward spokane or a southwest unit where again there arent any wolves ,the elk biologist is feeding you a line,or he truly is a educated idiot.my unit that ihave hunted since 1988 went from a high of 10,000 head to barely 500 elk with no calf recruitment for five years now.get the picture ,so you put your faith in the educated idiots (we call biologist)and enjoy your tag next year,money is all thet want........

springer, think you need to re read his post, i dont think he was standing up for anyone.

also, there is some great elk hunting in Idaho still,and its not in the SW, i aint saying units, but the F&G have done a great job in this area.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom