Non-Resident Questions.....Help!

brookhunter19

I would like to bowhunt elk in NM in the next couple of years. Realisticly it is not going to happen this year but more like two to three years from now. I am not good at deciphering these applications boolets, but from what I get out of reading the applications NM does not have a preference point program? Also what is the difference between standard, quality, or high-demand license? Does this just up your odds of drawing? I would greatly appreciate anybodys help with these questions. !

Thanks,

High demand and quality hunt desigantions don't up your chance of drawing, you are just pay more for the tag if you draw. They are generally the better hunts where more non-residents apply.

If you're looking for a quality archery hunt with good populations but not the top end quality NM is known for, your draw odds go up tremendously. Also, when/if your application is drawn, your first 3 choices count before they go to the next guy's. You can apply for the best first and lesser units as 3rd or even 2nd choice.

I put in for the best draw odds of any rifle hunt thats quality as my first this year and 2 non Quality or High Demand for my next 2 choices. I just want to hunt NM this year cause I'll be in Colorado for archery with horses and everything. At least $700 in diesel to get there, might as well drop into NM for another hunt.

Most years I go for 3 choices Q/HD cause if I'm gonna drive there, I want the best units.

Study the draw odds and good luck.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom