Non-typical outfitters

F

Fishhead

In regards to Non-Typical Outfitters

I have been on two drop camps with Non-Typical outfitters in the past three years. I have not done any other drop camps with other outfitters, so I cannot compare one hunt to another. My experience with Non-Typical is good. I wouldn't say outstanding, but good. Once again I cannot compare as I have only drop camped with Robb. I would not hesitate to book another drop camp with Robb Wiley-Owner of Non-typical. Can Rob improve on things....yes....could another outfitter be worse...Yes. I believe that Non-Typical did come thru with what they promised me.

On my first Drop camp with Non-Typical, another guide service came riding up opening morning. That was not good, but Robb cannot control others. We continued to hunt hard and took out respectable bucks. We called him after our success and he checked his schedule and was able to pick us up the next day. No problems was a great hunt!

The second year was last year. Yes, we used the same old fireman and the just out of guide school, packer. They did indeed bad mouth Rob about over booking and working them into the ground. I don't know if Robb over booked or worked them too hard? I was not listening to his conversations. Very nice packers, never saw Robb but that didn't break our spirits for the hunt. The packer forgot a few small things, no big deal. We helped set up camp, we are not against working hard to ensure our success on a hunt. They showed up two days later with everything and left us a nice bottle of whiskey. I don't need to be treated like a king. I like a drop camp, it is a DIY hunt so you must work hard at it. Up before light hiking into areas, back after dark.

The packer said to go up this small mountain and glass over that way, "that is where I saw a big buck". Well that evening we did and YES there was a big buck. WOW did they do there homework. Well the next day, others moved in, the day before the opener. They ran all over the country and spooked out the big buck. We went with the flow and still hunted hard. Were we pissed that Non-Typical put us into an area that others came into..yes. However, did they put us into an area with big bucks......YES. My point here is that Robb cannot control others. We saw many bucks on this trip. Saw other harvest bucks, none to our standards but they thought they were big. I don't need to harvest a buck to have a great hunt.

I see other posts that are badmouthing Non-Typical and I think that is wrong. I cannot believe that people would leave such bad mouthed language on a answering machine. That is what a young teenager does, not a steward of the great outdoors. If you call yourself good hunters than you wouldn't leave a message like that. It is too bad that Robb even had you as a client. I don't complain...I make the best of the situation and move on. If you didn't like your hunt than don't book with him again. No need to run your mouth off. This is my first post ever and felt the need to defend Non-Typical.

Fishhead

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom