Nonres moose

AZhunter

I'm looking for some ideas on which units produce decent moose with at least a reasonable chance at drawing a tag. Mainly looking for a rifle or muzzleloader hunt but would consider an archery hunt. Don't have any experience hunting Idaho or moose. Heard that moose tags draw odds are decent and just doing some checking. Not looking for anyones favorite spot just a starting point. Thanks AZhunter

Most of eastern Idaho holds a fair amount of moose with good odds of drawing. The northern panhandle region holds moose but i believe the draws odds are a little tougher due to the fact that horn size is typically larger. The central mountains of idaho used to produce very good moose numbers, but the wolves have really impacted them and the numbers are way down. Due a little research and you should be able to narrow it down. Hopes this helps.

ridgeline outdoors
blacks creek guide gear

Thanks for the info. Thats exactly what I was looking for. Needed a starting point. Was a little concerned about the impact wolves are having on the herds so that helps too. Thanks

in Idaho there is no different hunts for moose with different weapons. you draw the tag and hunt them with what weapon you choose. good luck on the draw.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-13-10 AT 12:00PM (MST)[p]If you're looking into eastern Idaho choose wisely! Genetically second to none, but in the last 8-10yrs the state has given out far to many tags, after which the Indians relentlessly pick through. There are some of these units that are pretty well shot out! Oh yeah, then you have the wolves.

Will definitely check out the draw odds and harvest on the Game and Fish website. Thankfully we dont have the same problems in Arizona as you do with the indians. They only get to hunt the on the rez here. To bad sounds like they are shooting a lot of your older mature bucks and bulls. Thanks again for all the info.

>in Idaho there is no different
>hunts for moose with different
>weapons. you draw the tag
>and hunt them with what
>weapon you choose. good luck
>on the draw.

there are a couple of short range weapons hunts too. most of them are any weapon tho.

Travis
www.RidgelineOutdoors.com
Blacks-Creek Packs Dealer

I think Idaho has some excellent Moose and would encourage you to apply if this is something you want. There is a lot of information on the Fish and Game website, including links to records. I'd look to see what counties have performed recently. Also, maybe see if tag allocations are increasing or decreasing in different counties. When you get a little fruther along post up or PM me and I'll try to help a little more.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom