nonresident help

C

creamofthecrop

hello i am from utah and wanting to hunt idaho this year any information would be helpfull on where to go for archery deer and what the dates are.

I have not seen the regs yet this year but in years past there has been a late archery hunt in november and december for unit 68 that is usually a pretty fun hunt with high numbers of deer. I have lived in utah for the last 9 years and have only been able to go back home and hunt 3 years out of the nine. There is a general archery season for most units that runs from aug 30 to sept 30. You'll just have to check the regs this year. I know Idaho has dropped alot of the hunting opprotunities for us nonres but I haven't heard what exactly.

thank you pushin 30 appreciate your information, and on the late hunt do you have to draw or is it over the counter does anyone know?

The hunting regs will not be out until mid April until then for planning purposes look at last years regs they usually do not change alot.
46cfa7275632b29c.jpg

MOST, archery deer hunts are over the counter general tags. with a general tag you can hunt any open general hunt in the state. this can be early or late depending on the unit. like stated already, the regs MOST LIKELY wont change much so check out last years.

travis

I bet the archery huniting in unit 68 would be good in November and December but there isn't a season open then. Pushin_30 must have miss typed the unit number. Maybe he was talking about 68A? To hunt 68A you must apply for the unlimited controlled hunt or buy the whitetail tag.
As others have said the archery season for most units has been Aug 30th-Sept 30. There are also a few November/December archery hunts. I also don't think the regulations for 2008 will be much different than the 2007 regs.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom