Nonresidents don't ante up.

B

Blueticker

I constantly hear from you nonresident Eastern folks how the Western states are screwing you, but in Wyoming, when it comes to donating any money voluntarily, you appear to be all talk and no show. I'm refering to the 2 little boxes your licenses that ask for donations to "Access Yes" and "Search and Rescue". The compliance rate I've seen has to be near 1%, whereas the majority of residents donate to Search and Rescue and many give to Access Yes as well (generally $1 per each fund).

Search and Rescue has absolutely nothing to do with WG&F and is more closely tied to the sheriff's dept. It's made up of volunteers.

Access Yes is WG&F's attempt at providing hunting opportunities on private land for residents and nonresidents alike.

These volunteers and landowners are 100% unrelated to the cost of your tags.

Blueticker,
Where did you come up with this 1% compliance rate as you quoted??
I'm from the west of Wyo. and we give to both funds, and sometimes even more than a dollar.
Just wondering where you got this percentage from.

Brian

Not to mention you living there would make it just slightly more likely you will require there aid vs. me, 2,000 miles away?

Ever donate to any programs in Ohio? What, you never come here? Well is there a 1:100 chance you will at some time? That is better then the odds of me drawing the sheep tag and coming there.

That is a very ignorant statement.

What do you donate to other states?

Blueticker,
If we non-residents didn't have to pony up higher application fees, not to mention 15 to 20 times more than a resident for our licenses, maybe we would be a little more amenable to giving a few more dollars here and there. Could you donate much if you already coughed up $3124 for your moose and sheep application?

Bluelicker,

I donate to Wyoming but do you donate to any other states? I think a better question would be why should we if Wyoming requires a guide for all that locked up wilderness area(s)that we might get lost in and forces us into hiring a guide at an added cost to the already high non-resident tag fees so we do not get lost.

I think if you were to hunt whitetail in the upper UP, you would be crying like a baby because you were lost in a real wilderness forest. Or do you even know were the UP area is, Bluelicker?

Therefore, Bluelicker open your mouth and insert both of your feet because you need it.

Fritz,
I've been to the UP and think its some fine country. I'll be the first one to tell you that we that WY doesn't have what I consider any true wilderness, nor does Michigan. I've been to Alaska and 11 provinces of Canada. They have wilderness! As well, I don't agree with the WY guide law either. It's bullshit. BUT, what does that have to do with Access Yes or Search and Rescue.
Kilowat,
I challenge you to sample 500 nonresident fishing & hunting licenses licenses and add up the numbers. I have.
DonV
Been to Ohio a number of times. I have no desire to ever go there to hunt though. Maybe Norhthern Kentucky. Yes, I would donate to search and rescue in another state I hunted if they asked for it.
Dwalton,
Sheep and moose tags are outta sight. It sucks. But again, what does that have to do with donating $1.00 to access yes?
The fact that nonresidents willingly pay thousands of dollars to outfitters, airlines, taxidermists, etc., and then ##### about access really galls me.

blueticker,
your so full of shi*,
next time you purchase your lic. and they ask you for the 200 to 300 bucks you may pay out,
please refuse this, tell them your not paying anthing less then the non-residenceses.
and if they don't accept that, then your not going to hunt in your state.
your a fool.......
think some of those ticks have got of old blue,
and they have been feasting on what little there is in that mellon of yours. You don't have a case of Mange do you.
You kind of act like some of those native americans,
which by the way aren't native,
you ain't one is you?
God I hope this ruffels your feathers.

Bluelicker,

So you must have money to hunt elsewhere (congrats); therefore, you can not possibly understand the poor hunter money problems. I think you need to do your homework because approximately 65 percent the monies Wyoming Fish and Game receive is from us non-residents. Or did you forget that from last year then you were again beating on us poor out of state hunters.

You need to keep your BS comments to yourself especially when it is our choice to donate or not. I do donate to Wyoming and many other states. I also buy raffle tickets to help support other hunting causes. Just maybe we, non-residents, want to support our state first since the economies are poor for all Fish and Game Departments.

Once again, Blue, your argument falls apart. Let's say, by chance, I finally draw a sheep tag for area 2. You say I'll willingly pay thousands to an outfitter. Wrong. Thanks to Wyoming's laws I'm forced to pay. Let's add that up: $1912 for the tag, and $6000 for the outfitter equals $7912. Add in tips to the guide and cook, gas to get there, as well as a day or two of food and lodging, and now we're pushing $9000 spent in the state of Wyoming. Now you're saying that if I don't spend more money, that you're galled. Don't know about you, but I'm a working man who has to save to go on my hunts.

BlueTicker aka No Name,

All I asked you was a simple question and you could not give me a straight answer. You said you checked 500 non-residents fishing & hunting licenses to come up with this so-called 1% donating money.
What do you expect me to do, forget hunting and fishing and travel around and ASKING to see the licenses of say 500 people.
Not hardly, probably would have to go to "fist city" with some.
I have a feeling that you might be a Temp. Game Warden or maybe a permanent one and this is where you came to your conclusions since you would be checking licenses while on duty. You would not go do this off duty on your own time.
Those of us here that have responed to your thread are not hiding behind a "phony" name or no name at all.
Like it has been stated, if the small check boxes on applications are not checked that is the persons right or desire and who is to say that WE non-residents have to support these agencies.

Brian

First off; how did you 'sample 500' plus non-res. applications?
Depending on the species and unit I am appling for, I do put in an extra $10 spot for the access. I never have done the S&R donation though.
For this years elk appl. I didn't do the $10 spot because it is like 90% public ground, no wilderness.
If I don't draw my elk tag then I'll do a $10 spot on deer appl. and on my antelope appl. because there are quite a few Access areas offered and maybe a few more to come in the future.
It is kind of a lame post ya got going on here anyways.
Ohio puts out some huge whiteys, very tempting state to go to.

I live in Colorado and EVERY year, I donate to both funds, for both me and my wife. I know the money goes to a good cause, as more HMA land has been acquired via the funds donated through Access Yes and I hunt HMA land. The search and rescue is a given in the West.

Don't peg all out of staters as non-caring.

Bryan

You guys can yell, fuss and call me names (grow up Fritz) but I still don't understand why 95+% of nonresidents won't give a dollar to access yes, whereas a good percentage of residents do. We're talking (generally) about one whole dollar.
I guess I here all the complaining from nonresidents all the time about how terrible we in the west are, but when it's time to do something for the betterment of hunting, nonresidents hunters tend to turn their cheek.
I think Wyoming bends over backwards for nonresidents, more so than most states.
Whatever, keep your dollar and lets move on.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-20-04 AT 11:35PM (MST)[p]BLUETICKER,

Like I asked you on my reply's above #1 & # 9, you still have not said where you got this info. Now here is what I found right off WF&G website just on the ACCESS YES DONATION. Non-residents paid over double what residents paid for a total of $106,000.00 for fiscal year 2002. Read it for yourself.

The Access Yes Program continues to expand. During the fiscal year 2002 (July 2001 - June 2002), $150,521 was donated to the PLPW Access Program from hunters and anglers. Sportspersons can make donations when purchasing or applying for licenses. These funds can only be used for purchasing access for hunting and fishing. Donations from applications were $106,000 with $71,200 from nonresidents and $34,800 from residents. Over-the-counter license sale donations totaled $31,831. Several organizations such as Pheasants Forever, Stoval Beverage (Miller Distributing), and the Torrington?s two-shot Goose Hunt Association donated directly to the PLPW Access Program.

Excellent information, Kilowatt! Looks like Blueticker's rub has more to do with his dislike of non-residents, rather than anything else. Remember, Blue, a lot of those non-residents you like to portray as rich, whining slobs spent the majority of our lives growing up in Wyoming.

Since Kilowatt started using facts I figured I'd carry on in the same vien....Let's use 2003 sheep tags as an example. There were 181 resident tags and 60 non-resident tags issued. The cost of these licenses were $78 and $1510 respectively. That means the resident sales raised $14,118 for the state while the non-residents added $90,600 to the Game and Fish's coffers. Do the math on any of the other species, and the results will be similar. The fact that Blueticker thinks non-residents don't ante up shows just how closed minded he is. The reality is we pay for the majority of everything that the Wyoming G&F does.

I wasnt going to jump in on this one but decided to. Blueticker I dont want to offend or keep you off this board but I have personally went to Wyoming the last two years and know what I spent for the landowners and local stuff. Also I am from a western state that doesnt get the money they need from the locals let alone the non-res applications to fund all they need, so I really miss the point in your subject................... Allen Taylor......

Old Blue:
Well I think we, non-residents, have said enough on this subject with facts not the bull... Next time do your homework and think about the bigger picture stuff.

I just wish people like "you" would team with us to fight a much bigger problem which is our right to hunt at a cost we can all afford. This will be a huge problem within the next 10-20 years. We are now just seeing the tip of the iceberg in all states.

Sincerely,
Fritz

PS- I think you need to act "more responsibly" in the future if you are this sensitive to criticism or just maybe think before you act. You know the foot and mouth problem.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom