north cache bulls

S

SBGH

anyone seen any good bulls on north cache unit? lets see some pics of previous bulls and even this year scouting pics i also have a archery tag for n cache and aint had to good of luck so if anyone wants to give up a good honey hole feel free to pm me details:)

Quote ""
"if anyone wants to give up a good honey hole feel free to pm me details"

There are many on this forum willing to help out...but this is certainly not the best way to solicit that help...Just sayin..

You will need a lot of good luck on your hunt. This is possibly the worst LE elk hunt in Utah now. Every now and again there is a good one killed, but it is not the norm. If you "Cached" in many points for this tag, I would consider getting them back by turning in the tag. I know several people that ate Early Rifle tag soup over the last couple of years up here.

However, a lot of hard work and time in the field might pay off for you. Sorry to be so negative! I don't have any honey hols to take you to, but hopefully someone will step up and help you out.

7-16-2011

7722img_9887.jpg

It is a tough hunt. A good friend of mine drew the N. Cache archery tag last year. We scouted a lot and did find elk but he hit the hunt really hard with many consecutive days in the field and only had one opportunity. Unfortunately things happened so fast he wasn't able to close the deal.

Like any hunt, it's going to require a lot of pre-season scouting, hard hunting, and then luck.

Enjoy the hunt!

Scott

I have only spotted one morning, found 4 bulls and a great buck. One good 6. Probably around 310. I will be up there 3 days this weekend. I will post what i find. My buddy has the muzzy tag and my old man has the late rifle. Its a tough unit, especially with a bow.

definitely a few good bulls on the north its just finding them and with this weird spring its got them scattered i went on a horse ride Sunday from tony grove lake to cottonwood springs and a ways down cottonwood (8.5 hr) and i seen 2 sets of elk tracks and there are usually elk everywhere in there this time of year and the only reason i think that people think north cache unit sucks so bad is because unlike south it don't have a road that covers every inch of the unit and everyone with a tag is hunting from tony grove to Franklin basin cause they are to scared or lazy to get off the road (jmo) i would like to tag a decent 6 point he don't have to be 380 class so if there is anyone that could point me in a good direction for a good bull that would be great i kinda want to avoid the over populated tony and Franklin but I'm open to go scout anywhere

thanks guys and gals good luck to everyone on there upcoming adventures

Don't pass any decent 5 points, hunt your a$$ off and just maybe it'll happen. Big bulls here are the exception not the norm.

Don't let these guys get you down. You will find there is a lot of "glass is half empty" types on here. Think about it, you finally have a LE elk tag for Utah...The N. side is a tougher hunt for sure but in my opinion if you want to kill a big bull I would rather be on theat side. My uncle has the early rifle tag this year but I can give you some areas to try...PM me and let me know where you have been..

SBGH,

Did you see any bull moose on your outing? We have a moose tag burning a hole in our pocket. PM sent.

I saw 3 bull moose when I was out filming for a bud that drew a non-ressy bow bull elk NC tag.

I'm kinda committed to 2Lumpy for intel as he has the same tag as you for moose.

I can give some idea's though....long ways off till the hunt dates.

Toss me a PM....

Robb

Just got back from my weekend up there. Saw a lot of animals. Most were up very high but found a few down low too. Friday night, 4 bulls,8 does, same four bulls i saw a while back. Saturday morning, no elk, 8 does. Saturday morning, 2 bulls, both small 6 points 7 deer, all bucks. Saturday evening, 2 bulls, both raghorns, 2 cow elk with a 2 calves, 3 moose, all bulls together, and one doe. Sunday morning, 2 bucks and one doe. I covered very different areas each day and I am sore in about every part of my body but it was worth it. There is some beautiful country up there and some decent animals. Didnt see any giants of any species but some with lots of potential. Did a little fishing at White Pine, those brookies are beautiful and good little fighters!

Me and a buddy were up at White Pine on friday and saturday.....wow I can't believe all of the Granolas up there!! Still a crap ton of snow up a little higher too!

Sit tall in the saddle, hold your head up high, keep your eyes fixed to where the trail meets the sky...

I had the muzz tag in 2007. Had a great hunt but ended up with tag soup. Did come across a few bulls so pm me and I will give what info I have.
GOOSE

a granola is a tree hugger, jogger, bird watcher, hiker, or someone else who loves animals and has no buisness to be in the mountains during hunting season.

Too many.....or..not enough?! I seen a couple that I "probably would have" haha That was probably the highlight of our trip....or maybe sliding down the still snow covered chutes cuz there wasn't much for animals up that high yet.

Sit tall in the saddle, hold your head up high, keep your eyes fixed to where the trail meets the sky...

I must not have seen the ones you saw. Just old bird watchin folks and scouts when i got to the lake. But i got there early and went out down steam mill so i probably missed out there.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom