North Fork of the Salmon Steelhead

wymoosehunter

I know it is not hunting, but right now fishing is the only game around. Just wondering if anyone has a fishing report for the NF? My 11 yr old son's spring break is going to be the 7-10th of March and I want to take him fishing. We had a ball last year about that same time and am just wondering if there are any early reports? Also, has the ice gone out yet? Any info would be appreciated. You can pm me or email me at [email protected]
Thanks a bunch.

Morning,
What you may want to check out is the condition of the river. With the weather this year a lot of them are running high and fast. I have a friend fishing down there now and will check with him. Where I have been fishing on the clearwater, The main river for me is moving just to fast but the Northfork of the Clearwater has been some great fishing IF the wind isn't blowing and if it is it's not produceing. Looking at the weather for next week plus, it may still rough fishing. Good luck to you and your son.
Gary
Moscow, Idaho

The river is low, and very frozen downstream from North Fork. Lots of shelf ice down river.

Thanks for the update. When does the ice normally go off the river? I was there last year and there was lots of bank ice, but the river was running clear around March 10th. I don't know much about the conditions that time of year even though I grew up just over Lost Trail Pass and fished it quite abit. Any advice is always appreciated.
WyMo

The picture is of my son with his second 2010 steelhead, on a fly! He caught a nice wild steelie a little earlier in the day. He is sure looking forward to doing it again this year. Anybody catching anything yet?
WyMo

3402dsc00530.jpg

Still quite a bit of ice, and with these next few days getting in the - degrees its gona be a while yet.

Yes, it is going to get very cold in Salmon tonight. Its still hard not to get the fever this time of year! I rolled up 100 roe sacks today.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom