North Idaho Whitetail?

U

ultramag81

Hey All,

We are getting geared up for out Whitetail hunt next week and just curious if anyone has noticed any rut activity starting yet? We are hunting in unit 6.

How did the deer numbers do after the brutal winter?

Anyways good luck to everyone else heading out.

I'm on my way north this week too! This weather has got me pumped! anticipating good hunting...............

I live in Post Falls, which is farther north than you're headed. I went out yesterday and I only saw 4 deer, all does with fawns. Didn't see any bucks following yet, but the rain was just coming in buckets. Hopefully, it turns to snow.
Good luck on your hunts.
Kurt

Just returned from my hunt......Bucks are ready to go and were ready when we arrived on the thirteenth.. Heard more grunting this time than usual...........Bucks chasing does like mad............time to get 'em.

Hard to imagine that much difference where your at......your hunting pretty far north right? If so thats interesting cuz the rumor I always heard was that the hunting was better up there. I'd have to imagine its just a matter of time for you.

This year was better than average for us in terms of buck sightings/rut activety. And seeing good bucks......The one I ended up with was one of two I grunted in at the same time. One came from above and one from below........made for a pretty tense series of events.......the country is super thick so I was within just a few yards of both bucks at different times. Finally got a reasonably good look at one and was able to get a shot off........pretty decent buck with ten points total.

Let's see some pic's Jake....

OMB

There's room for all of God's creatures, right next to the mashed taters and gravy.

Where are you hunting Jake? I'm hunting just south of Sandpoint and in the past 3 times out I haven't even seen a deer. I actually saw two moose and 5 elk, but no deer. I've got this weekend to give it one last try, but I'm not optimistic.
Kurt

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom