North Park Mule Deer

elkmanchad

Has anyone had much success on deer in the North Park area the last couple of years? I sure haven't been seeing the deer like I used to. I think the hard winter a few years back really took a toll on them. I used to always run into deer while hunting; these past couple of years the have been few and far between. I hope they rebound.

spent a week in the northern part of the zirkel wilderness this september, east of the divide and i didnt see one deer.

deer numbers are way down in the north platte drainage both in colorado and wyoming. poaching? DOW? or wolves! everyone has an opinion. Save your money and hunt somewhere else

LAST EDITED ON Dec-29-10 AT 06:13PM (MST)[p]My brother was deer hunting in North Park last year.He had not been there for a few years, and said it was sad .Not seeing a deer in 6 days of hunting and saw very few tracks.Him being 73 years old will never see deer numbers rebound in his lifetime.Lucky we have seen some good years.Deer clear across northern Colorado and southern Wyoming is way down and I would not waist my time and money hunting there for at least 5 years.Maybe they will rebound by then,have to wait and see.
Some of the private ranchs still have some good deer hunting.

The mulies there got hit hard by the winters a few years ago. Most all the deer move out of the park and winter. Some move to Kremmling (where they get hammered in the late seasons-wish they would reduce them). Other deer migrate north into S wyoming.

give it some time and they will come back. right now the hunting is hard

It sounds like everyone is experiencing the same thing; not many deer. I did see a handful of deer earlier this fall, but only a couple while hunting. I sure hope they rebound. I used to see some nice deer in the area.

Last year 1st season rifle I saw a wall hanger Mule. He was a true 4x4 and very wide and healthy. I watched him for 10 min and was only 50yrd from him. I left very happy and in 10 min I shot a 6x6 bull. I have seen deer in this area every year. They are in the trees and up high.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom