North Platte, Miracle Mile area

N

newbeestl

Anyone fish that area? I'm hoping to take a day or two and try my luck since I'll be in that area hunting in a few weeks. Not looking to catch any monsters, just have some fun and maybe keep a few for lunch. Any pointers would be appreciated.

Newbeest, i'm thinking along the same lines. Tried a inquiry in the "outdoor" forum about a month ago to no avail. There is some pretty good info on the web, i googled "the Miracle mile" and will be heading that way with the info i got from there.

Seems it's quite a productive trophy Brown Trout water. Highly rated and plenty of good public access. We even talked of setting our deer camp up on the river but it would be too far from where we are looking at hunting. I have both Antelope 63 and Deer 87 tags. If by chance, i fill out early, heck with coming home, i'm going after those big browns!

Scuds i'm told. Lots of them. Joey

sageadvice, thanks for the post. I guess we'll be in the same boat! No way am I coming home early, that's my vacation. :) We've got 4 people in our party with antelope 47 tags and deer 70 so I'm sure a few of us will try some fishing. I can't wait to get out there and take it all in.

I've heard the browns might be running or spawning in October so that could spice things up. I've heard a lot about scuds too so I picked up a couple of different scud flies to try out. I've got some berkley gulp trout bait too but I'm not too sure about that.

Good luck and have fun!

Nice draw, Sage--You,too, newbee.
You might be remiss not to avail yourself the opportunity to get a fish pole active while your here, if you can--hope you down your beasts in time for it.
There are 15 Public Fishing Access points on the North Platte between Casper and Grey Reef/Alcova Reservoirs upstream (about 25 miles on rt. 220). They are well marked on the Casper BLM map and well marked by sign on the roads. Most are off hwy. 220 and those are within zero to a few minutes from that road.
Those fat slime-rockets will be fightin' mad come middle October. Might check out The Ugly Bug Fly Shop on S. Center Street for your questions, or the Platte River Fly Shop, heading West out of Casper on hwy. 220.

Rump

West Laramie Fly Shop out of Laramie has up to date info too and is online if you search it. I dont have the link on this laptop or I would paste it in.

Pat C.

Rump...or anyone else... My pard and i will be hunting 87, looking for a good muley buck. We'll hunt everyday, the whole season looking for a "better" class buck if that's what it takes.

I often help others, when i can, but am very careful in passing on info that someone gives to me, especially if the giver plans to return or continue to hunt that area. If anyone could see clear to point us into some good country, a key access point, or at a "way" to hunt this unfamiliar type country that we may not be familiar with, now is the time to PM me please. Will be leaving for the lope hunt in a couple days. Thanks!!

Joey

I spent some time elk hunting in that area in Sept. I didn't see very many bucks , but I saw a couple of good ones . I will send a p.m. and try and explain where I was hunting .

Sageadvice--
got just a little bit for you, hope my PM coming at ya' ain't too late....

Rump

Rump, No, not too late at all. Thank You! I should be heading out tomorrow sometime as long as my CPA has my Tax return ready for me to sign as planned.

I'd really like to thank all those that have freely given helpful info toward my partner and my upcoming hunts. I really don't often ask for help as we have covered a lot of hunting country thru the years but this desert country is new to both of us. One of you even offered a custom map to be waiting for me in Rawlins when i get there. Awesome response fellas, i just can't Thank You enough.

If Brian (Founder) happens to read this, Thank You too!!!

Joey

Sageadvice, hope you have a good trip, have fun! Shoot me a PM after you get back if you have any tips on the Miracle Mile. I don't leave on my trip until the 16th.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom