Northern Nevada Rain

J

JB148

I know Northern Nevada is behind as usual in precipitation. Did you guys get any rain with this last storm this week. Hunting 33 late for deer. JB

We got a little in the Elko area but it was just a little.105 degree temperatures are forcasted for this coming weekend. fatrooster.

Guys....here in the north end of the Sacto valley, we got DUMPED ON the last couple days. Some places like 3-4 inches of rain. We're all hoping that rolls across the west helping the horn growth.

I was in area 033 Sunday - Tuesday and it rained off and on every day I was there and was coming down pretty good Tuesday afternoon when I left. The area is very green and lush "so far" and should make for some good antler growth :) . As you know it's still early and things change quick. It is suppose to get really hot the end of this week and we'll have to keep our fingers crossed that the area gets enough moisture in the next couple months to keep the herds healthy.

The USFWS biologist for the area stated that 033 had a pretty severe winter...down to -20 at one point and not sure how much of a negative effect it had on the antelope and deer herds. She plans on taking an aerial survey in about three weeks to get an idea of what the herds look like. The biologist said we can call the Sheldon Refuge HQ in about a month and they'll provide us info from the aerial survey. HQ telephone number: (541) 947-4414

Good Luck on your hunt JB and post some pictures!!

I've got an antelope blind set up on a water hole in 015 that is creeping lower and lower every time I go up. Fingers crossed for some more rain in N. NV or I might be S.O.L. come Aug 1.

The west slope of the Sierra's drained most of the clouds. Here in Susanville it was kool, windy and drizzly. Rainfall accumulations were very small. But better than nothing.

North Central around Bm has seen 64 drops of rain so far this year!! Hot, dry, range looks like crap. Was up around Wildhorse yesterday, nice and green, lots of grass, bitterbrush looks like it could almost fall over from all the growth.

Instead of crossing fingers and hoping I am and will continue PRAYING. Please LORD let it rain. (AMEN)

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom