Northern New Mexico Rain

WillPower

I have been told that nothern new mexico has received more rain this year so far than in the past 20 years...........supposely translating to above normal antler growth. Anyone in the northern zone seeing any evidence of this? Hopefully it will be a great year for elk hunting, of course hunting any year for wapiti is a great year! We have had above normal rain this year and the antler development here is noticeably above normal.

Thanks,

WillPower

"My only regret in life is setting my goals too low"

I would have to disagree with that. I'd say rain amounts have been below average in Mora, Taos, Colfax County areas.
-Raptor

When all else fails, go to the source.

Percentage of normal precip observed in the last 90 days...

NM90precip.jpg

...and the last 180 days. Doesn't look too impressive.

NM180precip.jpg

Yeah, I knew that I could archive it, but wanted to hear from a few feet on the ground in the zone. I was told by one of the local game officials last month that the Taos region had more rain this Spring and early summer than in the last 20 years...................., so thought I would get some other perspectives. I have hunted and kill elk in multiple states, including NM and have never been steered wrong by the game biologist, local wardens, etc. But this year, having a more interesting time than normal with the game department connections. Must be budget cuts taken a toll! Thanks for the feeback.

WP

"My only regret in life is setting my goals too low"

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom