Northern Utah Golf Help?????

FishlakeElkHunter

Very Active Member
If you had to pick any TWO Golf courses to play in Northern Utah...what would they be, and why?? Cost is not an option....just want the best?

1. Soldiers Hollow
2. Mountain Dell
3. Wasatch Mountain State Park
4. Park City Golf Club
5. Jeremy Golf and Country Club
6. Promontory Ranch
7. The Jack Nicklaus Signature Course at Red Ledges

Please help........

Well FLEH!

I only know about the Grass in your neck of the woods!:D

[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM TO ME!

I've got Wild Honey Tree's and Crazy Little Weeds growin around my Shack!
These Dusty Roads ain't streets of gold but I'm happy right where I'm at!
All these Perty little Western Belles are a Country Boys Dream!
They ain't got Wings or MM Halo's but they sure look good to me!

If it goes left its a hook, right its a slice, and strait its a miracle!! the only thing golf is for is keeping the old men out of my fishing hole!

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

I've got all 36 holes on Wasatch Mountain State Park lined up for this coming Monday. That is my favorite course. I've seen deer, turkeys, moose, geese and ducks, an occasional yote, foxes, pheasants. It is a beautiful course especially in the fall. My second favorite is what ever course I'm playing. (except South Mountain I don't like it)

Well Trix!

You shouldn't have mentioned the Quackers & Honkers!

FLEH will shoot them & then cook them up Bloody Rare!:D

Bess....one of these days I am gonna come up there and make you eat some of those ducks! You will love um!!

This is for a Corp. event I am putting together for September. We will have about 100 Golfers. We are staying at the Montage Resort above Park City. I want the best course there is up around there.

Oh and Bess....You have been neglecting the grass down here!!! I am having to take care of it on my own!

The USGA is playing the National Public Links championship at Soldier Hollow in July. Tough to beat that for a reference.

Ya I know FLEH!:D

Gotta RAZZ Ya once in a while!

My favorite two to play are Wasatch Mtn, and Hobble creek. They might not be the two highest end courses in northern Utah but the scenery is hard to beat anywhere in the world.

Looks like maybe Soldier Hollow and Wasatch....

It will be guys from all over the country that are coming and I want it to show off what we have here in Utah. The scenery and setting will be as important as a good golf course.

Wasatch is a great course and as mentioned, the scenery is great. You get a good mix of trees, water, and elevation change. The Mountain course would be my preference of the 36 holes offered there. If you like to walk, you better pick the Lakes course.

Mountain Dell is nothing special. Soldier Hollow also has 36 holes and would be convenient to play along with Wasatch, but I think it is pretty boring. It is definitely challenging offering plenty of length and usually a brisk wind. Personally, Im not a fan because it looks like an open pasture. Hardly any trees or any unique features. It seems like most courses you play will have a couple of standout holes that you can easily remember, but all of Soldier Hollow's are pretty drab.

The Homestead is also in that area isnt bad. Mediocre front nine, but I think the back 9 has some great holes.

Jeremy is nice, but pretty pricey. I cant speak for the others you mentioned.

If you are willing to get out of the Park City/Wasatch area, there are some real gems along the Wasatch Front. While you wont see Hobble Creek on any of the top courses, it definitely ranks among the top courses on a local's list. Valley View in Davis county has hosted several amateur events and would probably be considered the best course in Davis or Weber county. I play Valley View several times a year and never get sick of it. If you want to get up into the Logan area, Birch Creek is also really awesome.

If I could only pick two, and wasnt too worried about how close they were, Id go the Mountain course at Wasatch, and Hobble Creek. You wont be disappointed with either. If you have questions about any others on the Wasatch Front, let me know. I've played almost all of them.

Wasatch Mountain is a real gem, especially since you will have visitors from out of town. I love it in the fall when you can hear the elk bugling like crazy.

TRH

Geatz,

You got me thinking, I usually dont Golf much in the fall, but I may have to play the wastach this year, all the fall colors and elk bugling while golfing would be awesome!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom