Nosler contact

chicken77

I have purchased several boxes of Nosler Trophy Grade Ammunition 300 Win Mag 180gr AccuBonds. I am having issues with some of the rounds and I cannot get Nosler to answer emails or phone calls. Does anyone have any contact information besides the 1(800) 285-3701 number or the standard email.
It has been two weeks since I first reached out to them, I have sent two emails and called three times without any success. It's really becoming more of a quest now, initially I just wanted to talk about the ammunition but now I want to talk to them about customer support and service. I am fine with a pm and I will not give out any information that I receive if asked not to.
Thank you in advance,

Try the Shooters Pro shop , ( 541-312-2506) it's not what it used to be, but someone there should be able to help.

I used to go in there often and it was common to run into John Nosler himself, I don't know anyone there anymore or I'd give you a contact name. customer service was much more important to the company back then.

There was a very noticeable change in the company when John died. I still like their bullets, but the hometown business feel is gone and it's not much different than dealing with a national conglomerate anymore. it's not uncommon but it's sad to see.

I do like their bullets, but after this I will no longer be using them. There are so many options out there, the only down fall is that I just had a custom turret made to be used with this particular ammunition.

And by the way, almost 3 weeks in and no contact has been made. I don't think they have any support people ha ha. I'm going to count my losses and focus on other manufacturers.

They do not cater to the reloader anymore.
They are a for-profit business and obviously they can make more money with ammo sales.
Walk into ANY sporting goods store and you'll find very few Nosler bullets.

Okay, rant is over.
Zeke

It's made by Norma. It comes in barrels and they repackage it.

Could be made to a different spec though can't say.
They used to just repackage other manufacturers brass. The first runs were made by federal. They make their own now in the SSA plant.

Possibly today, but a couple years ago the guy that worked repackaging it told me it came in Norma barrels. not sure why he'd lie.

i can't imagine what a legitimate complaint would be to a factory ammo other then its flat not going bang when you pull the trigger.

so many variables that trying to hold a factory ammo made to sami spec responsible is kinda hard to do. barrels, actions,bolts,trigger, bedding,shooter..

you mention something about a custom turret to their ammo. if your building turrets off the numbers on the back of the box your going to be really disappointed.

We never did hear what the issue actually was with the factory ammo.
Yes, chicken77 said he's trying to contact them without much success but it would be interesting to hear the issue he's having.

Zeke

The issue is the case itself not being properly sized. It looks like they bulged the case when inserting or crimping the bullet. The cases have a visible bulge just below the shoulder. This bulge will not allow the action of my rifle to close.
Nosler.jpg

I'd take them back to where you bought them and demand a refund. Obvious they are messed up. Let the retailer deal with nosler.

find a buddy with a shoulder die and run them up in there. most places wont take back ammo if any. at least then you can shoot those and move on to a different manufacture if your jaded

find a buddy with a shoulder die and run them up in there. most places wont take back ammo if any. at least then you can shoot those and move on to a different manufacture if your jaded
A body only die would work but a FL die wouldn't!
It would be too tight in the neck for loaded ammo. Yes, a FL die would size them to fit in the chamber but it would change the bullet diameter where the case neck contacts it.

Zeke

yeah, that's what i meant with shoulder die. but yes, body die like a redding for shoulder bump. looking at the pics they dont look grossly deformed so i imagine that would do it.

if your building turrets off the numbers on the back of the box your going to be really disappointed.
Good point!

Two trips to the range and I concluded that my 270 win 150 grain accubonds were dropping 55” at 500 yds not the 40.2” on the back of the box assuming the moa on my Leupold is accurate. Give or take a couple inches for user error

Probably the shipping would cost more than they're worth, but I go to Bend every couple weeks I'd be glad to drop them off if you'd like.

I'd say just send them directly but if they won't talk to you they may just lose them.

I talked with a buddy of mine that does a bunch of reloading and he has the equipment to pull the bullets and resize the brass so that's what I will do with these two rounds.

Probably the shipping would cost more than they're worth, but I go to Bend every couple weeks I'd be glad to drop them off if you'd like.

I'd say just send them directly but if they won't talk to you they may just lose them.
Thank you for the offer, but it's only a couple of rounds and probably not worth the effort.

I have also been shooting the Barnes TTSX and I really like them, so I will make the change and stick with them. My only complaint, not really a complaint but they seem to penetrate too much for my liking. Compared to the Accubonds they just wizz right through everything.
I have now accumulated around 120 pieces of brass and I think it's time for me to learn how to reload. I understand the basics and my dad has been reloading for over 40 years and is quite proficient in producing consistent high quality ammunition. It would make for some great time spent with him as well.

They do wiz through everything that's why I quit loading them.

Accubonds work, Partitions work better under 500 yards. for a better BC with Partition game performance I'm trying the Federal tipped bullets now, but the accuracy isn't what I was hoping for so far.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom