Nosler Custom Rifle

Dreamer,
Nosler factory is about 3 hours from my house - they had a booth set up at the RMEF convention that was in town a couple of months ago. They had one of the guns on display and they were happy to let people play with it. It seemed to be a really nice rifle, on par with Dakota or Kimber rifles, looks similar to both of these as far as the lines of the stock, action and barrel. The one they had on display I would take in a heartbeat. Not sure of price but I think $$$$. If you get a chance to see one you will like it.
Good luck
Frank

Dreamer,
Just checked out the Nosler website, they have info on the gun. Looks like the price is $3995.00, this includes a custom shop Leupold scope. It says they use a Wiseman barrel, Timney trigger. Only 500 produced. Not sure how this compares to a Dakota or other custom but I'm guessing right in the ballpark as far as price.

Thanks

LAST EDITED ON May-31-05 AT 07:44PM (MST)[p]Frank,

Thanks a lot. I just sold a boat and I am going to use part of the money to buy either a Nosler or a Lazzeroni. (A gun being a much better investment than any boat.) How did the weight and balance of the gun feel? I understand that with scope, the rifle is around 9 lbs. The new Lazzeroni is only a little over 7 lbs with scope, but the listed ballistics chart information for the Lazzeroni is almost too good to be true. I appreciate your help.

Doug

RE: Thanks

Doug,
I'm not sure you can compare the Nosler to the Lazzeroni. I'm guessing the Lazz is a plastic stock - which is great. The Nosler is more of a pretty rifle if you know what I mean. It had a great piece of wood on it, the balance was perfect - granted I'm no expert but I know what I like. Problem is with the Nosler I'd be scared to use it in the woods for fear of beating the thing up. Based on the components and their guarantee I'm sure it shoots as well as the Lazz. I'm not sure what caliber your looking at but I agree the ballistics on the Lazzeroni stuff is unreal, others on this site would have much more info than me on it, seems that the people that have these guns really like them. Me, if I had a spare $4,000 laying around the Nosler wouldn't be bad to have, since the run is limited to 500 I think it might be worth something in a couple of years, or maybe not again no expert. If you can get ahold of one though and check it out do it, its a nice, well balanced well finished gun. Have fun though with whatever you end up with.
Frank

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom