Nosler Solid Base BT?

ORsouthpaw

I just picked up some Federal Premium ammo w/ Nosler Solid base BT's 165gr. Has anyone had any experience with round in a .300 Win Mag or similar. I'll be using this round to both Mule Deer and Elk. I know that the 180gr Partition are the perferred round but The sporting goods store was out and these were 7 dollars cheaper per box. Any feedback is appreciated. Thx

PAW, I HAVE SHOT THEM OUT OF MY 7MM WITH GREAT RESULTS: MOOSE, ELK, & DEER. ACCURATE, GOOD RETENTION, PENETRATION.. A SOLID NOZLER PRODUCT. YOU MIGHT WANT TO STICK W/ THEM. YD.

ORsouthpaw,
Nosler makes a fine product and I have used them for years. This is an excellent bullet that has killed tons of game around the world. As long as you're using them to hunt deer & elk you won't be disappointed. Accuracy is very good and to keep it simple the bullet does it's job just as Yukondall states.

Thanks for the replies! I posted this question at a couple of other places and it seems that a lot of people are confused and only think of this as target bullet. I checked out the Federal's Ballistic table and it shows this bullet to actually retain more energy and greater velocity than even a Partition from the muzzle to 500yds. I thought it was pretty impressive. Anyway I think it will do the job on my muley hunt Oct 2nd-9th. By the way I went to the range this weekend and they shot quarter sized groups at 100yds out of my Browning. I was happy that my gun like them too. Thx Again!

Haven't tried that particular bullet, but I am shooting 165 gr. Nosler Partitions in my 300RUM. Very accurate, always a Nosler fan here.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom