not any luck yet

coyote

well I haven't put a hurtin on any critters yet. So far in Dec. I have made 12 sets and haven't fired a shot yet. Yesterday morning the first set when I moved to a different spot I saw that 3 coyotes had come in to the call because of the fresh tracks It was snowing at the time so I know they had come in but just didn't see them must have winded me or saw something they didn't like. Anyway giving up isn't in my blood or vocabulary so next chance I get I will be back out there. Has anyone ever had any luck with a bobcat in heat call. was wanting to try some spots that has bobcats and just wondered if anyone had any luck with this call. Will also try some bird in distress sounds.

Man I hear ya. 3 weeks ago I took out 2 dogs in four sets and this last friday me and my huntin pardner made 13 sets and got skunked pretty tough day. The bobcat in heat call I imagine cant hurt you however with bobs I like a good old jack bunny or cottontail its been the most effective for me. Good luck.

LOWCOUNTRY...I thought for sure you would have some success pics for us today!..It has been really terrible for me so far this season and to top it off next weekend is a FULL MOON and I always do lousy then! might have to rest next weekend till the moon starts to change again. GOOD LUCK!

Hunting is Life...everything else is
Just details.
Ol' Buzztail...

Buzz. Yeah it wasnt for lack of coyotes either just alot of educated dogs that barked the second I hit a distress. Tried howling at first to see if it might help and they barked at that too. Went to straight dog sounds somthing that has worked in the past got barked at. It was a no win situation that day. Thats why its called huntin I guess. Smartest animal on earth.

When everthing is dead. Coyotes and Cochroaches will rule the world.

Three more long 12 hr shifts in the coal mine then I will have 9 days off. Surely I will get a few of those days to hunt. Just like buzztail I never do much good with a full moon but sure will beat work. Sounds like I just need to stick to the rabbit sounds. hopefuly will have some pics.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom