Nov '11 Coues' Hunt(pics)

M

massey_muley

Had a fantastic whitetail hunt down south this year. I let my buddy have first shot as I was having a fantastic season already. Long story short, he killed a nice 75ish buck opening morning....
5123dscf0264r.jpg

4254dscf0276r.jpg

After opening morning, the hunting got pretty tough. I had one good shot on morning # 4 as the deer were up and moving good while it rained. I missed a really nice buck that I think would go at least 90 and might have been pushing 100+. It was a tough 400 yard shot. After the system blew through the moon was full and the deer were not moving much. On the second to last day we changed tactics and my buddy began pushing the oak draws to kick something up for me. It worked to perfection. Two bucks jumped up and I saw the second buck was bigger so I shot him. First shot sent him tumbling down the hill. He died 50 yards from the 80 inch buck I shot there two years ago. Had I got a better look at him I probably would have passed him to let him grow but my buddy was ecstatic to get in on the kill. What a great hunt and I cant wait to go back next year!
3752dscf0288r.jpg

7354dscf0298r.jpg

This capped off a pretty cool trifecta for me as I took a 315" bull with my bow in Colorado, a nice 3x4 muley with my muzzy in utah, and the whitetail with a rifle. 3 species, 3 states, with 3 weapons. Hope I havent used up all my luck!

Hope all you coues' nuts had a good season as well : )
-Zac

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom