November 22 RAC meetings

elkantlers

Long Time Member
Is anyone watching these meetings? Good grief, they are getting hard to watch.
Half the RAC members don't understand the proposals. The other half of the RAC wants to reinvent the wheel when the proposal is made. So many personal agendas. Voting on items that haven't had any public input. The DWR doesn't even use what the Emerging Tech committee came up with. It really is getting out of hand.

But You Can Bet Your SWEET-ASS they'll Figure a Way For More Opportunity Which = Selling More Tags For a Deer Herd That Is Already In BIG Trouble!

JUDAS!
Well, you're part right. It's just not deer tags. I thought making the general archery tag bull only would be an excellent way to help point creep on antlerless elk. Then we hear they are just going to let people purchase a separate antlerless tag so they can shoot a bull and a cow.
And, if they do this on spike units, they could offer a bunch more antlerless tags through the draw. which would help point creep and spread the tags around.
If they sell 5000 antlerless tags to the Gen archery elk hunters that already have a bull tag, that's an extra $250k. So ya, it sure looks like that DWR is all about more money.

Last edited:
These OTC archery cow permits should not be on LE units. I’m fine with increasing bull tags, even if it means the largest bulls are harder to come by because I know bulls don’t have calves and many of our LE units have too many bulls anyway.

But killing off the cows on OTC archery permits sure isn’t going to help with point creep for either cows or bulls.

Costing preference points will in fact help point creep on antlerless tags. As it is now everybody knows archers are slaughtering all the cows anyway. Why would more cows be harvested than is currently happening?

Costing preference points will in fact help point creep on antlerless tags. As it is now everybody knows archers are slaughtering all the cows anyway. Why would more cows be harvested than is currently happening?

Happy to explain my thinking. Focusing on the LE units, as that is what I was talking about, if these archery permits can be OTC and unlimited, and more cows are killed, that impacts both the draw antlerless permits and bull permits down the road. More cows killed, less permits available down the road. Less permits will not result in reduced point creep.

I’ll reiterate: killing off all the cows will NOT help point creep for either bulls or cows. Less elk = less permits all around. But by golly, archery hunters will get their tags they need.

I’ve sadly lost a portion of my life and watched em…… I fully support the motion as proposed that it allegedly appears to the non consumptive at large to be a complete BeeHive dumpster fire sh!D storm. I do get a chuckle at the end when the same ole CWMU faces want all the rules changed in there favor and usually get it.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom