Now its Global Cooling

Dang 202, I nailed all three in an earlier post. The progressives are only interested in 'progressing' their own views and agenda, and will shut down opposing views by ant means possible. And conservatives are accused of taking freedoms and rights from people, funny, funny, sad....

PRO

Shucks! The only question remaining is will we be able to purchase some sort of cooling "offsets"?

Eel

Yup!! 202 & PRO screw the establishment..... I'm with ya.... get what we can & piss on everybody else.... no need to think about the future... thank god our commander & chief has things under control... brillant SOB just veto'ed stem cell research today!!! My hero...

RUS

LAST EDITED ON Jun-21-07 AT 08:24PM (MST)[p]Rus,

Pony up your money and do all the stem cell research you want and get rich. It isn't illegal, the federal government just isn't going to use my tax money to kill living embryos. That's it. This is one of the few things that the Moron has gotten right.

JB

This brings up an interesting point, the rest of the world is going ahead in the logical direction with stem cell research. if one of you goody two shoes were to have a spinal injury or anything a cure from stem cell research should develop would you use it? or would you say it came from evil people doing evil things so you'll just take your wheel chair and ride off into the sunset? I think 99.99 % of you would jump on it like a fat lady on a bag of Doritos, tell us you'll refuse any treatment this research will produce for yourself or you kids, hypocrites ammuse me.

every time these dummys try to geuss whats GOD up to with the weather, they make themselfs look dummer and dummer!

As a "goody two shoe", I support stem cell research 100%. Just not embryo cells. I will NOT support killing one life to save mine. Embryo cell research has proven to be the lest effective. When my son was born two and a half years ago, we donated his embilcal cord for cell research, so don't preach to my about supporting stem cell research. Lumping ALL cell researching together is a sneaky way of trying to justify abortions, I ain't falling for it. I also believe this research should come from the private sector, not from government sponsered research, let the demand drive the results.

Go ahead and use silly name calling and typical liberal spin, this comes down to another example of the left trying to 'force' their 'morals' on the rest of us, and then attack those who dare to disagree with them.

PRO

" I also believe this research should come from the private sector, not from government sponsered research, let the demand drive the results."

Exactly PRO. I would add, that if this embryonic stem cell was so promising and the be all end all that Michael J. Fox and the rest of the Liberals claim it is, then why is'nt the private sector jumping all over it? If it is as good as the left claims then you can bet the private sector would be all over it cause it would make them a fortune. The reason the private sector is not is.......................you guessed it, it ain't all what its cracked up to be.

It's hard to patent most of what may come out of stem cell research. unless they have a product they can lay claim to the there's little insentive to spend money on this. it wouldn't be called research if we had all the answers would it? maybe not much will come of it and maybe outstanding developments will who knows.

I thought us " liberals " who are in favor of this research had no morals, so how are we forcing our morals on you if we have none? go ahead and cry about it because other contries will do what we're to " moral " to do, if they develop something I may need someday I know where to go, I'll bet you'll do the same.

DUDE, you keep blurring the line seperating stem cell research and embryonic stem cell research. I wonder if you would push for government funding to go to the big drug companies liberals hate so much for 'research', I doubt it.

You libs have morals, they're just all f#%#$d up! You believe the ends justifies the means. Killing an unborn baby is fine, killing old people is fine, killing murderers, child molesters, rapists is not fine, fighting to liberate people in other countrys is not fine, great morals. Your morals/values say it is okay to destroy a unborn human for a very remote chance of saving someone else's life, and you want the government to fund it. That IS forcing your 'values/morals' on the rest of us. If you want to donate money to a French company that is destroying embryos for 'research', go for it, just don't try and FORCE me to do the same.

PRO

"You libs have morals, they're just all f#%#$d up! You believe the ends justifies the means. Killing an unborn baby is fine, killing old people is fine, killing murderers, child molesters, rapists is not fine, fighting to liberate people in other countrys is not fine, great morals."

Right on the money PRO and I would add their lack of morals on assisted suicide to that list. Well said PRO.

If YOUR morals were as fool proof as you think then why do we need abortion anyway? has the daughter of a republican ever had an abortion? say it's not so! we don't live in a perfect world and even conservatives aren't perfect it would seem so back to reality we go. abortion is legal, so why not use those embryos for something positive? if you want to be democratic about it lets put this issue up to the voters and majority rules. if my side wins we go full steam ahead, if your side wins we sit on our thumbs then take advantage of other countries knowledge, go for that? much better than having some tard in the whitehouse decide in my opinion.

"I will NOT support killing one life to save mine."

He PRO, did you forget that we are at war? where's your prolife stance now bigman?

Let me get this, you are saying since nobody is perfect, nobody should have morals. Freakin brilliant. Having morals does not mean one is perfect, it just means they are striving to be, and when they fall short they are still better people because of their morals/values. That is why libs dislike morals, it would hold them accountable for their actions and in-actions. It is easier to say, "Do what 'feels' good at the moment, and when things go bad, blame someone else, anyone else, as long as 'I' don't get blamed."

I am 100% behind letting the majority decide, you would lose on embryonic stem cells created thru abortions for 'research', you would lose on partial birth abortions, and if you libs would allow states to decide, MOST states would prevent abortions except when the health of the mother is at risk, not just because it is the wrong sex, or not a 'perfect' 'fetus', or it will alter your life in some way. I say bring it on!!

You may want to take a political science class and learn what the role of the President(also known as the Executive Branch), the Congress(AKA the Legislative Branch), and Judges(AKA the Judicial Branch). This will explain to you why the President has the power of a veto!

PRO

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom