Now that it’s done

Cam@strawberry

Very Active Member
The GS elk sale looks stable. Was really curious what it would look like this year with the addition of unlimited youth permits/2nd season anybull as viable pressure relief valves.

Looks like it was enough to end the desperate run on permits. Still spike and any bull options available.

Good news for Utah hunters going forward IMO.

It will be interesting to see the total permits sold by type when the dust settles.
Giving youth unlimited tags probably had as much effect as the elimination of the multi season tag.

It will be interesting to see the total permits sold by type when the dust settles.
Giving youth unlimited tags probably had as much effect as the elimination of the multi season tag.
They gave the youth unlimited tags last year and gave out 2500 more tags (17500) but they still had multi season tag, they still sold out in hours.

The multi season tag was the issue, in my opinion.

My guess is you probably could have did away with multi tags, left it at 17,500 tags, left the season length alone and not done the unlimited 2nd season and we would be in a similar situation that we are in now.

I'm an archery guy for the most part and I bought a multi season tag for spike this year along with every past year they were offered.
I'm also a DH for the last 7 years.
I'm sure I'm an outlier but I haven't killed anything in those years. Not for lack of targets, By choice.
I like to hunt. if i can do it for 3-4 months instead of a week so much the better.

I loved the multi season tag by the way, but I know a ton of archery guys moved from archery only to the multi season tag, I was one of them, and I know a bunch of others that did the same thing.

I went the other way.

Fun getting the bow out for a few years.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom