NR 24 pts Elk and Deer

okiecat

Getting old and need to go somewhere. Will probably go with guide. Which one first and where. Been trying to get an eastern mule deer hunt but can’t fit it in my budget.

I’m 70 now don’t have time to wait. 66 looks to have a lot of wilderness area. Would need a guide, I assume.

44 would be an easier hunt considering terrain but last year it took 25 to draw. You might get lucky with 24. Unit 10 2nd rifle could be drawn but I'm not familiar with that unit as I've only been in it once.

I'm not sure a guide would help that much in 66. I'm not saying that from experience just research.

I'm a NR with 24 points as you are and I always planned on getting a guide if I ever got the tag. now that it may be within reach I've changed my mind on that. partly because there are almost no guides and they don't seem to want to want business. and if I'm not realistically looking at a chance for a 200" buck why bother . I've killed big bucks I can handle an average hunt myself.

If I could find a guide with access to good private land that would be another matter. that does not seem to be an option.

If you draw let me know if I draw I'd be happy to help you get something out or give you a hand once I figure out what's going on myself.

I wish I would have posted sooner. Ive been on this site for 10yrs reading and trying to figure best option. About time I’m ready they have a bad winter kill and I start over. Thanks to all of you that have replied and had the patience to share. I still haven’t decided. Going to keep reading this evening.

I wish I would have posted sooner. Ive been on this site for 10yrs reading and trying to figure best option. About time I’m ready they have a bad winter kill and I start over. Thanks to all of you that have replied and had the patience to share. I still haven’t decided. Going to keep reading this evening.
You should definitely try to talk to Tomichi and Coloradoboy!

As stated above you could be in the pool for unit 10 2nd. It's a pretty decent unit, I've never personally seen any bucks that just made my Jaw drop, but still some decent bucks there. There are better units out there though, but there are worse.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom