NR 9 Elk Points Suggestions Please

Kelco

I am a NR with 9 elk points. Thinking about unit 124 or 30 but I think may be tough to draw. Would like to archery hunt then come back with rifle. Would do and archery hunt only also. I am looking for a 320+ bull. I am not super picky and would look at some 300+ bulls also. I am not super familiar with the Wyoming units. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I am from Az and can help with any unit info here. Thanks.

Draw odds for areas 124 and 30 are in the single digits for those with max points. With one less than max, you are looking at decades to climb to the top of the heap. Statistically impossible to get a tag in the random draw, since the quota is zero.

118, but you have to do your homework and get some private access...bulls up to 320 there, occasionally bigger.

Kelco,
I am also at 9 pts and I want to draw a great bull tag for 2016 being a bowhunter I think our best chances are to pick the best units the higher percent of private land and to get er done before rifle hunting starts. I wish I knew which units we should pick.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom