NR APP FEE REFUNDS?

Horniac

Very Active Member
Well I struck out in the draws but congrats to all those that drew a tag!

I checked my credit card on-line and saw that I have received most of my refunds except I wasn't refunded the $20 application fees. Maybe those will be refunded later as a separate credit? Has anyone got the app fees refunded yet as promised by NMG&F?

Note I did leave my oryx, ibex, and sheep apps in the draw...

Thanks,

Horniac

LAST EDITED ON Apr-27-14 AT 01:09PM (MST)[p]You won't receive a $20 refund, it is nonrefundable.

As stated, app fee refunds were only going to those who opted to withdraw their applications after the change in NR tags for said species. Since you kept your apps in they draw system, no refunds.

>As stated, app fee refunds were
>only going to those who
>opted to withdraw their applications
>after the change in NR
>tags for said species.
>Since you kept your apps
>in they draw system, no
>refunds.

That's not what I was told in writing by the department...

Horniac

Thank you for your email. You will be refunded the full amount even if you do not delete your application. Some applicants wished to delete their application instead.

Thanks again.

Rachel Shockley
Spokesperson
New Mexico Department Game and Fish
1 Wildlife Way
Santa Fe, NM 87507
Phone: (505) 476-8071
Cell: (505) 470-6832
Fax: (505) 476-8123
Email: [email protected]
Web: www.wildlife.state.nm.us
Support New Mexico's Wildlife...Buy a Hunting, Fishing, or Trapping License and give to the Share with Wildlife Program.
STAY CONNECTED!

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2014 6:47 PM
To: Shockley, Rachel, DGF
Subject: Re: NR Refund for Court Ruling???

Thanks Rachel,

I am still somewhat confused by this part of the press release;

"Hunters who applied for bighorn sheep, oryx or ibex licenses for the 2014-15 seasons and are unsuccessful in the drawings will be eligible for full refunds of application fees and license fees,"

Does this mean I can just leave my apps in the drawing and still get a full refund including my $20 app fee after the drawing or do they need to be pulled by 4/18 to get a full refund?

" Applicants for bighorn sheep, oryx and ibex who choose not to participate in the new quota system must delete their applications by April 18."

Please clarify...

Thanks,

Really?! My buddy emailed them and the person told him what I posted......so I guess Im not sure!! I would think they would have refunded the $$ with the other refunds!! Hmmmmmm.....hope you do get your money back regardless!!! Keep us posted!!

I don't think anyone at game and fish were sure what was going to happen. I opted to remain in the draw so i expect to pay the app fee. Thats just common sense to me. But not much makes sense these days.

Just checked the website. Not sure if this clears it up but thought it might help.

"Application-fee refunds for unsuccessful Ibex, bighorn sheep and oryx license applicants should be distributed within the next few weeks."

That is from the NMDGF Hunting Page.

Straight off their own press release.

?The Department determined that it will be most equitable to refund the normally nonrefundable application fees to applicants who are unsuccessful or who choose to withdraw their application due to changes resulting from the recent court decision, and to comply immediately with state law,? Department General Counsel Allison Marks said.

Chad with the NMGF just told me on the phone that all of the app fee refunds will go out in the next couple of weeks.

They probably have to wait to get MORE federal funding to pay those back....that's the main source of income for NM, but oh wait...the animals are the states!

It's all part of the experience Clarke!!!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom