NR considering burning 8 points...any suggestions???

G

GrizlyHunter

Me and a friend are considering burning our 8 points for mulie this year. We would be going DIY with rifle.

If anybody could give us suggestions as to what unit/hunt we would appreciate it.

I've heard that there was considerable winterkill last year. Any comments?

Thanx in advance! Happy New Year!

GrizlyHunter

I would stay away from the Rifle area deer numbers are way down.If i had 8 points I would look at easter Colorado for a start.

I've thought about eastern CO, but I'm under the impression that it's almost all private land that's been leased up by outfitters. Any thoughts?

Thanx!

GrizlyHunter

Do a search on which units/hunts you have a reasonable shot at drawing with that many points, not units that take much less points, I'd say 7-9 ballpark. This should give you only a handfull. From those, check out the harvest stats, how many elk tags they give out or whether or not they are otc. Also check the quota for deer in those units. Keep in mind which type of hunt you want to have as far as terrain and numbers of animals, etc. . . Check available public land in the areas. I'm sure you've done some research, but this might help you focus your efforts? No unit is going to garuantee you a darn thing of course, but most of the units you'll find in that range will give you a reasonable shot at a nice buck. What type of hunt are you after? You can PM if you like.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom