NR deer 231 rifle

buckshot

Well I might as well be one of the first to ask. Drew 231 rifle after 17 years. Last tag I had was 171 -173 first time I applied got drawn. I thought NV is easy!!!

Summer has just gotten some long trips scheduled.

Can't decide guided or not, have never used one.

I see Greg Krogh is highly recommended. Have talked to Thomas Bronson about elk a few times, not sure if they hunt deer in 231.

Any other recommendations?

Anyone willing to share some info? Please PM me.

Thanks in advance buckshot

If you can afford it I would absolutely hire a guide. Especially this year with all the moisture there will be some great Bucks coming out of there.
If you do it on your own unless you just get lucky and stumble into something it will require a lot of scouting to locate the better Bucks.
I Hunted the unit 2 years ago with Greg on the Muzzleloader Hunt and had a great time.
Congrats and good luck

If you decide to diy PM me. I have hunted deer/elk and happy to share any intel I have.
Congratulations it's a great tag

Helped a buddy who had a landowner tag last year. Rifle is by far the toughest season on the unit. I would plan on using an outfitter unless you want to hunt the ag bucks on the pivots like most of the other DIYs will be doing during rifle.

If you can't get Krogh, I would go with 8 mile outfitters. Those guys grew up around there and know the country. They have been getting some of the better if not the best bucks the last few years.

Good luck, it was a tough hunt last year, but with all the moisture this year it should be better.

>If you decide to diy PM
>me. I have hunted deer/elk
>and happy to share any
>intel I have.
>Congratulations it's a great tag

I got antlerless elk wilderness tag in 231 this year. First time hunting it. We normally just go for 222 wilderness. Any advice?

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom