NR information help (where to go)

regularjoe

In regards to antelope hunting, how helpful are regional offices when finding out information about an area? Specifically areas 90, 93, 96, 98, and 100. Are biologists a better contact? Is there an effective way of finding out about public/private lands in those areas? I have reviewed lots of old posts and haven't seen any that address my questions. If you can help...thank you!

they are usually fine, but I know the biologists get sick of answering the same questions over and over, I know about 90 and 96, and some about 93

I'm not sure about the entire state of Wyoming, but where I hunt the guy I know is a Game Warden/Biologist and I met the other fellow who does work in the area and he is strictly a Biologist. Both have been great whenever I run into them out there and shoot the bull with them, but I've never tried calling a G&F Office for any information.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-17-11 AT 11:29AM (MST)[p]I just looked up the access question you had on my CD ROM of Wyoming with the following results:
90---90% public, except the north area a couple miles out on each side of hwy 353
93---About 75% easy public access because as you go to the southeast it is all checkerboarded land (every other square mile is public with private in between)
96---North is almost all public and south half of unit is checkerboarded
98---About 75% has good public access
100---The north 1/3 has mostly accessible public land and the rest going south is checkerboarded

I hope that helps you a little bit!

Go on mytopo.com and look at the hunt unit you're interested in. you can get a pretty good idea of the public/private. you can buy the full size maps for about $12 I think. The bio's and wardens I've spoken to in Wyoming( and i've spoken to many )have been very helpful. Chip

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom