NR looking to Elk hunt Wyo

Rob

I'm looking to do a DIY elk hunt in WYO for either rifle or archery in the near future. Since I'm not looking to hire a guide I guess that keeps me out of any wilderness areas. What hunt areas offer good opportunities for a NR who is willing to put in some work? It would have to be an area with good public access and offer places to either camp or have some motels close by.

I've been to WYO a few years back for deer in Region F and was successful. Didn't see many elk on that trip so not sure if that area is considered to be good elk country. I will be going back to Region F again this year the end of October so I check the area out again, but I'm not sure I'd have enough time to check out other areas of the state unless I score early in my trip.

I'm not looking for specific spots just hunt area numbers so I can start some research. Thanks in advance for any help.

First thing to do if you have not is go online and buy a preference point. Forty or fifty bucks will give you a head start going into the draw next year. You have about another month to do this.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom