NR should have known...

So if you issued all NR tags to residents do you think all of those business would still go under. They survive 8 or 9 months out of the year without NR. No doubt NR and hunters in general bring in millions a year to communities.

Our final gas up and non camp food was in the little town of Tres Piedras where we topped off and grabbed a hamburg at their little restaurant before turning off the main highway and traveling 25 miles to elk camp. The closest gas and food to be bought is over 50 miles away. About 10 years ago or so we pulled in to get gas and discovered they were all out of business. Things come and go like the seasons I reckon. I’m not for banning NR, I just thought it would be an interesting question to pose seeing how many want a lot of things they don’t agree with banned.
If you remove NR hunters from bringing money into any town Sept (archery) through late November, you don't think the economy would take a hit? I am sure most business do better in the summer due to out of state travelers so NR hunters bring a lot to the table for these smaller businesses in smaller towns. Even your gas up and $25 meal adds up to these business. Just my two cents....

If you remove NR hunters from bringing money into any town Sept (archery) through late November, you don't think the economy would take a hit? I am sure most business do better in the summer due to out of state travelers so NR hunters bring a lot to the table for these smaller businesses in smaller towns. Even your gas up and $25 meal adds up to these business. Just my two cents....
I am sure that I am not the minority when it comes to heading out of state wanting to support the local businesses. We leave our town pretty much empty handed and WANT to buy groceries at the local supermarket. We WANT to buy beer/gatorade etc at the local liquor store. We WANT to eat any meals while in town at the Mom and Pop diners. We KNOW that our money is what they depend on or is a big contributor to them staying afloat. That being said, every state should have a 50/50 tag split between resident and non-resident. Lets put this plan in motion...
Agree. I bet Covid wiped out many of those who were just hanging on by a thread as it is. I know several places here who were already having problems before Covid struck and used Covid as their ticket out to government assistance. They saved tons of their own money at tax payers expense. Not all…

Agree. I bet Covid wiped out many of those who were just hanging on by a thread as it is. I know several places here who were already having problems before Covid struck and used Covid as their ticket out to government assistance. They saved tons of their own money at tax payers expense. Not all…
COVID- Our governments means of business reform. If we hadn't previously diversified and/or went against government mandates, my wifes business may have gone belly up.

What a dumb way to look at a dumb situation. if you think the money NR hunters spend will buy off the majority of voters in a state you're smoking crack. most resident hunters want the quota dropped and most residents who don't hunt don't give a FF unless you give them reason to take notice. like shooting tame elk at a resort.

This is going nowhere other than proving the negative stereotypes a lot of people think about hunters are true.

What a dumb way to look at a dumb situation. if you think the money NR hunters spend will buy off the majority of voters in a state you're smoking crack. most resident hunters want the quota dropped and most residents who don't hunt don't give a FF unless you give them reason to take notice. like shooting tame elk at a resort.

This is going nowhere other than proving the negative stereotypes a lot of people think about hunters are true.
#sarcasmeverheardofit?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom