NR special permit %

Craig

Very Active Member
In Montana do Non Res hunters get 10% of the quota or up to 10 % of the quota? If they only get up to 10 % is there a minimum % they can get?

Looking at the draw tables on the web site it seems like in the real hard to draw units the Non Res hunters are getting some low tag numbers.

elk 380-20 a total of 110 tags and NR guys drew 2 tags comes out to about 1.8%

elk 410-20 a total of 75 tags and NR guys drew 2 tags. comes out to about 1.5%

elk 417-20 a total of 125 tags and NR guys drew 7 tags. comes out to about 5.6 %

Craig:

It is "Up to 10%," not a guaranteed 10%.

In the numbers you quoted above, you may want to look and see what % of the applicants were non-residents before drawing any valid conclusions. Also, you would want to look at the average bonus points those non-residents have.

As you quoted, the NRs may have only drawn 1.8% of the 380-20 tags, but they may have only been 1.8% of the applicants, when weighted for bonus points.

I would have no problem if MT went to a 10% pool for the NRs only, but not likely to happen.

Happy Hunting!

"Hunt when you can - You're gonna' run out of health before you run out of money!"

in 380-20 there were about 350 NR apps with 0-4 points and about 6000 Res apps. about 5.5 % NR apps. So it does work out pretty close draw success rate for Res and Non Res hunters.

I was just wondering about if it was up to 10% or guaranteed 10%.

I have four points now and will just keep trying to draw a 417 or 410 bull tag some day.

Thanks for the clarification.

Craig

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom