NV Area 6 early rifle deer

3bigelkid

For those that have experience in area 6 deer hunting and are willing to share, I have some questions. I am familiar with some of the Mountain ranges in these units, but have not made any scouting trips this year. I would like to narrow down the units a little as there is way to much area to realisticly cover. I am looking for some jumping off points, camp areas, and centralized spots to start from. I am pretty selective on the deer I shoot and know there are always a couple big bucks taken here. That said, I know the odds are against me to pull the trigger on a smoker, so I need to try and start getting my feet on the ground. Feel free to pm me. If you need any info on Idaho, WY, CO feel free to ask. Thanks

Good luck on the hunt. I plan on hunting Colorado next year. Dont know alot about area 6. What areas in CO do you prefer?

Mike

My son had that tag two years in a row a couple of years ago. We found it was very hard to find any quality bucks, but we heard it just depends on the weather and where the deer are that year. He hunted all over the Snowstorm range, North of the Beowawe exit off I-80 and all over Merrit Mt. The country looked like there should of been deer all over but they were very scarce. I know people do better in the late season but we found it wasn't so great.Sorry. You might want to spend some time in the Indepedence range.

Area 6 can be a tough hunt, tons of country to look over. Generally if you are seeing lots of people that's where the majority of the deer are. If you hunt hard and smart in those areas you will find big bucks.

Thanks for the insight fella's! Sounds like I have a lot of ground to cover. Does anyone know if the snow has melted out of the higher elevation ranges? Can I get into most of the units yet?

Hunted Area 6 last year - early season and took this buck. He's a decent buck, but yes there are much bigger in the area. Send me a PM and I can share more if interested.

4982doby_george_buck.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom