NV Chuckar Pics, Mountain Range?

COSA

LAST EDITED ON Jan-24-06 AT 07:58PM (MST)[p]Here's some pics of Reggie and myself, only six of the birds in the first photo are mine, my partner only got three. A lot of birds this year, and this is the last week of the season. Can anyone guess the Mountain Range?
2006_0122Image0137.jpg

2006_0122Image0135.jpg

2006_0122Image0128.jpg

By the way, My dog is 7. He's an awesome, extremely athletic, great nosed, lighter male Lab (72 lb.). He's also absolutely the best with kids (he somehow senses how rough he can be with their age). He's got champion lines and I just want to get a puppy from him before he gets too old. So if you got a good female Lab or Cheasepeake, I'd be willing to deliver a pretty special dog.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-25-06 AT 00:08AM (MST)[p]Great looking dog! I'll guess the Granite Range.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-25-06 AT 07:46AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jan-25-06 AT 07:20?AM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON Jan-25-06 AT 07:10?AM (MST)

On closer inspection, I'm going to refine my guess.

Pine Forest Range.
Big Creek Ranch in the background just over your left shoulder in the last picture. Big Creek is the one with the 9 hole golf course. Bilk Creek Range in the far background.

Been there a few times.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-25-06 AT 07:53AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jan-25-06 AT 07:49?AM (MST)

Carl,
I didn't ask for the actual creek drainage, just the range would have been fine. Pretty impressive guess, I guess you have been there a time or two.

Sorry. Too specific. I killed my California ram right near there and I have been trying to buy the Big Creek Ranch for the last year.

Hey, I showed my wife your lab. We have two lab females that just went through heat and we would like to breed at least one of them next time. One is a chocolate and one is a yellow with strong chocolate blood. Both are great family dogs will strong pedigrees. I will be in contact with you in about six months if you are interested.

I wouldn't mind buying that place as well, I'm just a tad short on funds. All those canyons look like great sheep country, but I've never seen one up there. I was under the understanding that the sheep usually hung around a bit farther north. I guess I'll find out this September when I draw my tag! Definately interested in getting the dogs together next summer.

There is a population of sheep on the south end basically from where you were all the way to the south end of the Pine Forest Range. I have a picture of my ram after I killed him that shows almost the same identical fields in the background only from higher up the mountain. When you draw I'd be happy to show you where.

Yeah, all that stands between me and buying that place is a lot of money. Actually we were trying to sell our place here and buy that one but things have slowed down a bit here. I heard a rumor that place sold recently but I haven't been able to substantiate it. I'm looking for a sanctuary away from all the growth and subdivisions. Maybe someday.

I've seen alot more chukar hunters using Labs recently , the reason is durability , a smaller Lab can go 2 or 3 days in a row without all the sore feet , bloody pads , bloody tails etc.

Pointing dogs are fun to hunt over but they can be high maintenance ;
Shock collar
Tracking collar
Remote controls for collars
Neoprene vest
Rubber booties
Athletic tape

Labs ;
Open the box
Start hunting

i have seen a lot more physically challenged hunters using lately and 12guage autos, i hunt 40-55 hunts a year 1 english 1 german shorthair pointer, no tracking collars rarely a shock collar and so many birds chukars and huns if i told you you would call me a liar,i hunt 3 states rarely a dog problem and my friends with labs typically leave them at home after about 20 hunts, they love to watch the english pointer cover lots of ground so they dont have too.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom