NV Mule Deer Success

This year I was fortunate enough to draw two great rifle tags. The first being a AZ speed goat tag in northern AZ and the second being a eastern NV late mule deer tag. I spent multiple weekends during the summer scouting the unit group as it was the first tag I have drawn in NV for any animal. I also received some good suggestions and tips from guys at work.
When the hunt finally arrived, my dad and I had a pretty good game plan put together. It involved hiking 1.5 miles into an area with no roads and glassing throughout the day. We were seeing roughly 40-50 deer per day and passed on some decent bucks.
With 3 days left in the hunt, the deer were showing obvious signs that the rut had started. I spotted a buck through the spotter at about 1 mile away but could tell he was worth a closer look. I snuck through some sage flats with washed running through helping to keep me hidden. I got within 350 yards of where I last saw him and crawled to the top of a hill to glass into the ravine. He was still there with another good buck and about 20 does. The two nice bucks were sizing each other up which gave me a chance to evaluate the size of both.
I ended the hunt after glass both for roughly 30 minutes. It was a 350 yard shot with my 300 WM that absolutely anchored him. Unfortunately my camera would not function properly in the cold so I couldn't get any field photos. He was a 26? wide 4x4 that green scored 177?. My third buck but biggest to date.

8467dscn0423.jpg

3205dscn0425.jpg

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom