NW Wyoming Snow Storm

mightyhunter

Very Active Member
I just pulled my trailer out of the backcountry. I was worried it might spend the Winter up there if I didn't. Looks like cold temperatures and more snow for the next couple of days. I saw a lot of elk hunters pulling out of 51-1. It is hard to say how much snow will accumulate. They say 12"-15" in Cooke City. I can only imagine what the accumulation will be at 9,000 ft. I am glad my buddy got his goat when he did. It sounds like the Northern Rockies are really getting hammered. Anyone planning some hunting adventure up here needs to keep the weather in mind.

just sayin...mh

Wasn?t there a similar early big storm when you had your sheep tag a couple years ago? Definitely limits the high country.

Yes, it snowed for about 24 hours in mid September 2017. It left a couple of feet of snow at 9k and not much down low. This current storm will be days longer and the low temps are much lower. It may not clear out until 2nd or 3rd. It definitely screwed up my hunting plan.

just sayin...mh

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom