Obama's fault deficit dropping etc.

azbullhunter

LAST EDITED ON Jul-12-14 AT 09:31AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jul-12-14 AT 07:02?AM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON Jul-12-14 AT 06:50?AM (MST)

Just read yesterday that the country ran a 70+ billion dollar surplus last month and deficit is projected to be the lowest since 2008. 10 million more people have insurance than a year ago.Stock market continues to boom and remember under Bush a 50% decline in 8 years. In Arizona the un reimbursed rates for hospitals has dropped 31% in the last year which is great news for hospitals which were losing millions a month.This should help slow down the rise in healthcare costs since the 50% of bills that were never paid caused rates to skyrocket.Less freeloaders out there now. AZ expanded Medicaid at no cost to state taxpayers. Surveys this week revealed most people like their insurance that they now have which they did not have before. Consumer confidence at a 6 year high. Housing market is coming back strong with prices up not crashing. Construction is doing well as evidenced by all my friends who are buried with work.
Bought some kitchen appliances yesterday and they can not be installed until the end of month as they are backed up with orders but the economy is in shambles, I forgot about that.
Auto business seems to be doing well. When I bought my new truck the sales staff seemed busy.
Corporate cash on hand and profits doing nice and unemployment rate continues to drop and lowest since 2008. Over 1 million new jobs created in last 5 months. Check the stats and facts on that. I see the House will spend more money investigating Bengazi than on VA healthcare investigation. We need some more good work from the House. We need to have more votes on ending the Affordable Care Act. That is a good plan to have 60 votes on it as if it makes a difference but what the heck it is only our money. I am sure the Senate will pass it and Obama will sign it right? Under Obama spending on VA healthcare has increased over 50%
Check the stats on deportations as well. By the end of year this administration will have deported more undocumented aliens than Bush's did in 8 years.
Just the facts everyone

I could go on and on but I need to leave on vacation

Comical reading coming soon to a MM thread near you.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

I guess I should have stated myself better. There are likely a few MMer's here who will respond/debate your OP which will inevitably create some comic relief expressing their veiw points by those who read this, me for one... I for one believe there is a certain amount of truths to your post but also a lot of inflashion to them as well from the sources which have not been divuldged substantiaing your claims. Easy yo know the DOW is up to 18000 but how much if this is shored up with federal dollars/loans ulitmately borrowed from who?

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

.....first quarter GDP -2.9% is no biggie?......

1283eagle_government.jpg

bad winter
DOW is up 191% during the Obama years vs -50% during Bush years. Wall Street Journal stats. I do not care what interest rates are if economy like 2008 the DOW would not be up this much. What about my original facts/statements?

You must be going to Disneyland and spending all your time in Fantasyland. You've got a lot to learn yet. The majority of people in this nation don't have a stock portfolio let alone a 401 K or pension plan. They live hand to mouth and haven't seen their wages increase appreciably over the last 5 years, they're losing ground. Rising prices and inflation is negating any modest gains they had and taking a bigger chunk out of their paychecks as food, gas, insurance, and goods increase since printed $$ aren't worth as much today. Static wages aren't going to increase your tax revenues until you get millions more folks employed. Lower incomes =lower tax revenues

Just imagine how much the deficit will decrease when you pay your capital gains when you sell your stocks....That will help a bunch thank you!

Interest rates matter because people on fixed incomes are depleting their savings and that only leads to more dependency on the system, when they've exhausted their savings.

Here look at these figures and tell us why any sane individual wouldn't understand why savings and unemployment figures matter, not just the government's unemployment numbers.

Notice how much debt there is and why it's a concern to ALL economists. Obama is putting pressure on and encouraging banks to loosen credit guidelines for everything.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Read Wall Street Journal that deficit is lowest since 2008 and we ran a surplus last month of 71 BILLION. Do you read anything? More jobs created in last 6 years than previous 8. About a month ago it was reported that USA had the most net worth in history. Actually approximately 50% of Americans are directly or indirectly invested in stock market whether it be state and local pension plans, federal employees retirement plans and 403 B 401 k profit sharing plans etc. I have not been to Disneyland lately but I do travel extensively and I do not mind paying my capital gains when I sell my stocks. I like to help out all of those you are concerned with. I am very generous. I like to help out the 47% that the loser Romney referred to. That was a smart comment as well as let GM go bankrupt. Todd Akins had some good ones then and now. He lost too did he not?

LMAO! Obama has you fooled with his creative math and statistics. Here's a good read on immigration.

http://cis.org/ICE-Illegal-Immigrant-Deportations

This is a recent BLS report that shows that 80% of the nation's families had at least one individual working.

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/famee.pdf

Contrast that report with this report which shows that in 2008 the same stat shows that 82.2% of the nation's families had at least one individual working.

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/archives/famee_05272009.pdf

Sounds like you are eating up the fudged numbers like most of the stupid people out there azbullhunter. Does it make much sense that there are a record number of people on food stamps yet the unemployment rate is going down? You're probably one of those global warming believers too because hey, made up numbers are what you go by right?

I'll agree with you that construction is up. I own an electrical company and we have seen definite increases in sales but I wouldn't say things are booming. Everyone is busy but most people are busy with less employees as am I. There is a difference.

The stock market is propped up with printed money and will have a reset at some point in the future. 'Nuff said!

What's scary is that anyone still believes this non sense.

Obama?s un-employment numbers are smoke and mirrors.
He doesn't count un-employed people, he counts people on un-employment insurance, and record numbers of people have exhausted their maximum claim amount.
They are still un-employed, but Obama doesn't count them.
Fact, more working age people are un-employed than at any time in our nations history. For every job created during this administration, three jobs have been lost.

No smoke or mirrors in those insurance numbers, it's a flat out lie.
Less people have medical insurance, and the people who do have medical insurance have lower quality insurance, and pay a lot more for it on average.

The deficit is down ????? So what, it's the debt that counts, and under Obama it has tripled.

The surveys you cite are exactly the opposite of all the nationally recognized, respected surveys.
Consumer confidence at an all time high ? Are you kidding ?
Auto dealerships, construction, housing ? For every thriving, successful business you cite, I can show you ten that have already gone under, or their close to it.

Obama is deporting slightly more illegal aliens, but that's because twice as many are streaming across the border under Obama?s lax enforcement policies.

Keep reading those DNC E-mails, I like a good fiction novel myself once in a while, but I know when it's fiction.

Take an economics class and then you'll understand what we've been trying to tell you.

there's a thread down below read it and you may learn something if you keep an open mind. It's called" middle class earning woes"

The hospital corp of America operates in 5 states and they have seen a 30% decrease in unreimbursed care this year than last year. In Az all hospitals report 30% decrease in unreimbured care also. Therefore more people have insurance so rates may go down. That is a product of medicaid expansion. I hope more of you have insurance. I am tired of free loaders and paying your hospital bills. I am not a scientist but 97% of all climatologists agree global warming is a fact and the majority believe it is human caused.

Another fact is less immigrants crossing due to large number of

Border Patrol agents. It is much harder to cross than before.

Some insurance rates have gone up and some down but coverage is much better no lifetime limits, pre existing conditions, preventative care free, no more donut hole etc. Unemployment stats same standards under all presidents. Read Barrons WSJ Money etc oh I am sure that is too much to ask obviously Lots of business went under but who was president when recession started and who was president when it ended?

A lot of people have retired early since they can now obtain health insurance without waiting until age 65 Medicare. Stock markets only do well when economy is healthy or improving.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-12-14 AT 11:56PM (MST)[p]Where are you getting this crap? take a drive around downtown phoenix and look at all the vacancies with no businesses That's not a sign of prosperity. Take a walk thru Metro center and the strip malls to the south of it. Central avenue vacancies are up because many businesses have downsized and are renting less space. That's not doing well that's cutting back. People are retiring because they can't find a job that paid them what they were making or what they thought was reasonable and they retired, not because of their health insurance.

All those old folks working in Walmart are a testimonial to how things are on fixed incomes today. You think those 70 year olds are working because they want to and they have a stock portfolio? Wake up and open your eyes.

The border numbers are not going down as evidenced by the fact we have them being put up in military bases and being relocated.
How many times in the last 10 years have you seen them using airplanes and busses to transport illegal aliens? A lot of those kids need shaving kits. Wake up

I see you are a fan of higher interest rates for senior citizens. Would you like to see cd rates at 14% as in early 80's home mortgage rates 14% car loans 18% not me. Maybe those people are working at Walmart because they did not save their money or invest it properly or obtain an education or a trade or drank too much.Numerous studies have shown that people are retiring since their stock market portfolios have rebounded with a 190+% increase in last six years and can buy insurance now. That is a fact. Have you read how hot the Phoenix real estate market has been bidding wars etc Read the paper or investment magazines. I deal with stats not opinions like the economy is worse under Obama than Bush. Gleninaz made the most ignorant comment I have seen. I will agree that things are better for reasons other than what Obama has done but his comment was laughable

The only thing you're proven on here with your "facts" (without sources linked proof) is that you don't seem capable of applying/ discerning/ filtering them with what you read. You have a hodge podge of facts that clearly don't apply to the basis for which they originally were substantiated or in many cases the authors intent.

here's an example so you can get the idea and no you didn't state this, it's for illustration purposes only.

You read all size 6 blonds have big knockers..... Now I know you think it's gospel because you read it. So you jump on here and make that claim and say your read that in WSJ........ so in your mind it must be true.

but many of us have practical experience that tells us it's not true.

The part you left off was after breast augmentations. See how it works we all wanted to believe you but our acute senses of sight, touch, visualization, knowledge and hands on experience soundly trump your claim. Now we all wish it to be true but sadly it's not. See just because you want it to be true it's not and like many of the claims you made those breasts and Obama's numbers just keep drooping lower and lower as time goes by, unsupported and flapping in the wind.

The are lies, damn lies and then Statistics.

What would be interesting is if Azbullhunter post his source for all the rosy news about the country because the right track/wrong track numbers are horrible. 25% believe it is on the right track, 67% believe wrong track. The lowest number of the year.
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub...ood_of_america/right_direction_or_wrong_track

The number of illegals residing here is not going down.

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013...mmigrants-living-in-us-rises-to-11-7-million/

In fact when they release the count at the end of July care to bet if it is higher then in 2012 when this article was written?

The canary in the coal mine is the labor force participation rate.
LFP%20Participation.jpg

lots of those are going on to disability
pm-gr-ssdi_numbers-616.gif

Median Household income is way down vs the Bush years, after trillion spent propping up the economy.

Dshort-1-25-13-household-income-monthly-median-since-2000.gif

In addition the rich have done far better under Obama then the middle class or the poor. The income inequality, which Obama crows so much about, haw widened dramatically under his watch.

income-growth.jpg

Either income inequality is a problem or it isn't. The vast majority of the gains in the stock market have gone to the top.

None of this all started with Obama however any one stupid enough to believe he has accomplished much has no intellectual honesty and is simply a partisan dimwit. Bush sucked, Clinton sucked and so on and so forth.

I don't blame Obama for everything but I also didn't blame Bush. I also give neither any credit for what they didn't accomplish.

Obama is highly disengaged and appears to lack any leadership ability.

Nemont

Az, you will learn around here that everything is awful, hopeless and just plain bad m'kay. the best thing you can do is blow your head off and save yourself the agony of one more day with a black muslim terrorist president. why they haven't already I cannot tell you.

I can't go so far as to say everything is coming up roses, but I will say it's one hell of a lot better than it was when obama took office.

There is no way to argue with the wingnuts because in their mind everything in the world would be absolutely perfect, shangrila would look like a chithole compared to the world today had republicans held onto power. their memory is too short to even get them back to 2008.

Stay thirsty my friends

LAST EDITED ON Jul-14-14 AT 10:00AM (MST)[p]There is no way to argue with Obama cheerleaders either.

All I was pointing out is that I can make Stats say what ever fits my agenda.

Is it better, sure it is. Is all sunny days and everything working great like his post state, not fricken close.

He said he wants to argue with Stats, I say bring it on. That is all.

I have a great life and it doesn't really matter who sits in the White House, there is only so much they can do. Giving Obama credit for ALL the good is as dumb as giving Bush credit for ALL the bad.

Try arguing with an Obama supporter and they hate facts that don't agree with their notion that Obama single handedly saved life on earth.

Also if you are not in the top 25% of this country, things are not going well for you and in fact are you most likely are worse off since Obama took office. That is just a verifiable fact.

Nemont

LAST EDITED ON Jul-14-14 AT 10:54AM (MST)[p]If you want to stop the cheerleading for either side, its real easy to do.

Ask the R or D cheerleader what laws CONGRESS have passed lately that have personally helped them, or even a law that has passed that helps the average joe U.S. Citizen.

I've yet to get anything but a 1000 yard stare...

IMHO, the best things that happen in regard to directly helping the average citizen...is in SPITE of congress.

Now BUZZ they did manage to come to agreement in that the vending machine revenue wasn't covering the cost of the products. They agreed to increase the amount charged to the public and others.

Then they all proceeded to go into their offices and open their personal refrigerators and open a bottle of Starbucks frappuccino and have a candy bar paid for by the taxpayers!

Nemont I hear you , I'm just so sick of this gloom and doom and if only we had a republican chit I could scream. fact is little changes because of who's in the whitehouse.

If wingnuts want to see excatly what a republican administration would do for the country look no further than the republicans in congress. my, who can get enough of that clustershag?

Things are better I don't care who you are unless you're low on the loser list. better doesn't have to mean perfect. when was the last time the economy or government were perfect.

Stay thirsty my friends

Employment participation rate lowest ever. Do you read anything or just cherry picked numbers? Obama is a fricken Marxist loser.

Dude-here is the flaw in your logic. Why would a republican congress pass Obama's agenda? He asks for 4 billion dollars for what he calls a refugee crisis and it has less than 8% for securing the border. It will just encouraqe more to come. He never puts his plans in writing just gives speeches blaming republicans in Congress when it is Ried that refuses to bring any legislation to the floor. The House is doing their job and yes that means nothing will pass until the GOP controls the Senate. You will see plenty of legislation passing when that happens including an immigration bill that secures the border. If anything comes from republicans in the House do you really believe Ried will allow a vote?

Not true. Obama has asked for a law change to speed deportations . what is he supposed to do given the law as it stands?

What have the republicans proposed to solve the crisis? if it involves more than just saying no your heroes fall flat on their face .

The best way to destroy the republicans in 2016 is to have them win both houses this fall.

Stay thirsty my friends

Works for me. Both houses are the real power in this country. They can block SC nominees forever. As for Obama let's see if the Senate will allow a vote on the bill changing the 2008 law which will allow immediate deportations just like we handle Mexico. You want to bet Reid will never allow a vote on that bipartisan bill?

Where is the bill the republicans have proposed for a vote to do that?

Stay thirsty my friends

LAST EDITED ON Jul-15-14 AT 11:04AM (MST)[p] For a guy that likes to claim he's smarter than the rest of us you sure manage to show your blind side on occasion.

Just how many bills has this president pushed through to protect the American people on Immigration? ZERO That's right ZERO

Now who instructed our border patrol & INS to let them walk and tens of thousands of others illegals since he's been in office? It isn't the border patrol doing it they have to follow their procedures by law. How do you REALLY know their country of origin when most of them don't have any papers? None of them seem to have Guatemala tattoos, or Honduras tattoos. Do you really think they're going to register with INS and show up for their hearings? Historically less that.002 do so it's not like they're model citizens to begin with so why are we just letting them walk and bussing them to other cities?

Damn it dude wake up when they're giving them more lawyers your opening more paths to more legal actions not fewer. The lawyers are laughing all the way to the bank on this damn mess (your President is enabling them) making millions doing it? Just like the lawyers on ESA cases. We're paying lawyers $$$$ to represent illegals to protect their rights to stay in our country when they're here in VIOLATION of our laws? Try that in any other country in the world and see how that works out!

Yes I know they're kids and so were the ones he used as props on gun control and any other issue where it suited his purpose. Yes we need to make sure we treat them right and give them medical care but we also need to do what's in the best interest of our country.

He just needs to amend (not create a new one) the law to allow deportation on the issue just like Canada and Mexico and it's problem solved but he won't do that because he want's their vote and is going to play it just that way. Politics trumps what's actually right for the American people...... and you're asking us what he's supposed to do, seriously.......

Actually the bill is sponsord by Cornyn and a hispanic democrat congressman from Texas who wants Obama to stop the BS and do something to stop the flow of illegals. They are not kids. Look closely and tell me those 17 year old gang members are just kids and some of the mothers are as wrinkly as my old lady. No papers, no birth certificates and we wonder why so many of these kids look like they are 40. look up Henry Quallar Dude.

Bosgeek for a guy who thinks slower than most you manage to get even dumber. other than this law preventing a fast deportation what did Bush do for immigration law? you expected more from a liberal?

Glen lets see what gets up for a vote and what happens when it does. talk is cheap and plays good at home.

I'll bet you this, whatever happens they're not going to just truck these kids back home and push them out the door. this is a chitmess no matter what.

Stay thirsty my friends

They sent 40 back today but I also read that 90% are already gone never to be seen again so you are literally correct. I do think this intentional overwhelming of the border will play against the democrats. People are pi$$ed off about the flood.

No I expected more from you, since you've commented many times you'd like to see the border closed and I know it's a double edged sword for you. You're right it's a damn mess but we both know it could be fixed very quickly if they'd just do it. All the political theatre in the world never fixed a damn thing and we'll probably see that it won't here either. So what does that prove? Nothing

Obama's going to run from this like a scorched chicken if it gets through both houses.... (doubtful)....he's locked into the Hispanic vote and literally a prisoner of his own politics. That doesn't bode well for his people or say too much about that little oath he took does it.

I'd love to see him prove me wrong on this but his past actions have made his intentions crystal clear. We'll see if the press turns up the heat high enough to get him to do it.. (doubtful)... Like you said talks cheap........vilification is even cheaper and seems to fit his narrative even better.

Why does he need the hispanic vote?

Why aren't the republicans screaming bloody murder and trying to jam an express deportqation bill through , like a month ago?

Nope, all they do is whine.

Stay thirsty my friends

LAST EDITED ON Jul-16-14 AT 07:51AM (MST)[p]

There's 24,000,000 million legal Hispanic voter here and another 10-15 million more illegal voting age Hispanics. Seems pretty easy to figure out why Obama is bending the rules to court them and trying to vilify the GOP for wanting to do the right thing. It's also easy to see why the GOP isn't rushing in to throw them out.

Given that he won the election by 5 million votes it seems even more calculated. The fact they're deploying them all over the nation shows the true intent with the exercise. More friendly voters in more states can swing elections..... can't they.

Now that he's got the ACLU filing suits in the 9th district court I'm sure we're in for a real bona fide mess.

So we know he's willing to spend $50,000-$75,000 for each potential new vote today(if he gets his money), how much do you think he's going to spend exploiting the loophole and the American people in the end?

It's quite obvious he doesn't really care about the American people he's more interested in manipulating the system to buy votes and hundreds of millions of dollars in legal fees funded by the taxpayers to keep them here.

George Bush didn't do this, Barack Obama owns this one all by himself along with the democratic party. It's a bold highly calculated exploitation of the American people for political gain.....and proves that Obama is one of the most corrupt individuals ever to hold the office.......there's nothing Presidential about that......

"Why aren't the republicans screaming bloody murder and trying to jam an express deportqation bill through , like a month ago?"

Seriously? There's a pesky little thing called the SENATE that even if the Republicans pushed a bill through, the SENATE would not vote on it. Harry Reid has blocked numerous bills on various issues.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/10/u...-play-in-senate-rankles-republicans.html?_r=0

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304081804579560251530777852

Those two links spell out the kinds of things happening in the SENATE that gets nothing done so the Republicans putting together an express deportation bill would be a complete waste of time.

I actually think that the Republicans should do NOTHING. This influx of illegals is owned solely by the Democrats and Obama himself even admitted that. Black Americans are getting pissed, poor Americans are getting pissed, veterans are getting pissed and taxpayers everywhere are getting pissed that we are allowing this to happen. Republicans should sit back and let the President not lead and let the Democrats welcome these newcomers until mid-term campaigning ramps up and then point out to the voters that the Democrats care more for gang members from other countries than they do their own constituents.

Bosgeek you didn't answer, why does Obama need their votes?

Bring a bill to the senate for a vote, one that is reasonable and speeds deportation. you can't just turn them into soylent green.

Get a workable bill changing the law and getting them on a fast track to deportation and I'd support it 100% even if it's written by butt pirate teabaggers. if the libs block it without good reason I'll agree they're wrong.

Stay thirsty my friends

OK mouth, here ist he bill and a democrat that says it is just all wrong to treat these invaders different than we do Mexicans and Canuks.

Mr. Cornyn?s bill, sponsored in the House by Representative Henry Cuellar, Democrat of Texas, would change the law so that Central American children are processed the same way Mexican children are ? that is, with a quick screening interview by a Border Patrol agent, and, in many cases, an immediate trip back home.

There are several reasons why this is a terrible idea. It starts with handing the responsibility for humanitarian interviews to a law-enforcement agent with a badge and a gun, whose main job is to catch and deport illegal border crossers, and who may not even speak Spanish. This is not the person you want interviewing a traumatized 15-year-old Honduran girl to find out whether the abuse she endured at home or the rape she suffered en route qualifies her for protection in the United States.

It's worth reading this article in Vox by Dara Lind, whose reporting on the border crisis has been invaluable. She cites a recent report from the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, which examined how well Customs and Border Patrol agents were screening Mexican children to protect the victims of trafficking, as the law requires.

The short answer: badly.

?In general,? the UNHCR report says, ?CBP?s style of interviewing Mexican unaccompanied alien children seemed to focus on producing quick answers rather than substantive ones.? Agents usually conducted interviews in an open room ? with other interviews happening all around, and plenty of adults, children and other officers watching ? even though private rooms were available. That means that trafficking victims could have been interviewed while their traffickers were just feet away.

Often, agents read questions off a form in a flat voice ? not even pausing to make sure children understood. And when agents couldn't speak Spanish well enough for the interview, some just conducted it in English with hand gestures. One agent even typed the questions from the form into Google Translate, and then read the questions off the screen, never making eye contact with the child.

?In the cases observed? by UNHCR researchers, the report says, ?the entire interview? ? including two separate forms ? ?took approximately ten minutes.?

The screening happens so quickly that most children don't even understand what's happening. UNHCR researchers interviewed several Mexican children from each sector of the border as they were being returned to Mexico. At the Rio Grande Valley sector ? the one that Central American kids are coming into today ? ?only one of the five Mexican unaccompanied alien children interviewed there said he was asked if he was afraid to return.?

It would be criminal to subject Central American refugees to the same system. They need lawyers and victim advocates, clean, safe shelter and the chance to be heard in court.

Now the Obama administration is seeking to make these resources available through a $3.7 billion emergency supplemental funding request to Congress. But Republicans are balking. They think the supplemental bill should include new layers of enforcement at the border and a rewrite of the TVPRA.

The border crisis is bringing out the worst in the immigration debate. Right-wingers are lying about migrant children carrying deadly diseases. And Republicans like Mr. Cornyn ? who for nearly a decade has been one of the worst saboteurs of immigration reform in Congress ? are forgetting themselves. In their eagerness to attack President Obama and score points from a humanitarian emergency, they are ignoring what even Glenn Beck understands: These are innocent children.

Time for backbone on the other side. Democrats should stand firm and block the Cornyn-Cuellar bill. Congress should approve the supplemental funding without vandalizing amendments.

Here's a little flavor from Nancy Pelosi about her changing he mind on the bill...... It's from the NY times

Pelosi, in Reversal, Says She Opposes Speeding Child Deportations

By JONATHAN WEISMANJULY 16, 2014

Representative Nancy Pelosi of California, the House Democratic leader, on Wednesday said she would not back changes to a 2008 law that gave certain undocumented immigrant children broader legal rights to enter the United States. Credit Gabriella Demczuk/The New York Times

WASHINGTON ? Representative Nancy Pelosi of California, the House Democratic leader, reversed course on Wednesday and said she would not back changes to a 2008 law that gave certain undocumented immigrant children broader legal rights to enter the United States.

Ms. Pelosi had suggested this month that she could accept changes to the Bush-era law that would expedite the deportation of children in exchange for President Obama?s emergency $3.7 billion request to deal with a sudden surge of unaccompanied minors at the border, mainly from Central America.
Continue reading the main story
Related Coverage

Senator John Cornyn, Republican of Texas, in June. His proposed joint legislation would allow children from Central American countries to opt to be voluntarily sent home, as migrant children from Mexico and Canada can currently choose.

Lawmakers From Texas Will Offer Border BillJULY 14, 2014

Since then, she said, Republican leaders have given little indication that they will back that funding request. One of her own members, Representative Henry Cuellar, Democrat of Texas, teamed up with Senator John Cornyn, Republican of Texas, this week to introduce legislation that would amend the 2008 law, which is intended to stop sex trafficking, but which grants migrant children from Central America extra legal protections that have made them harder to return quickly to their home countries.

The Democratic leadership?s hard line raises the prospects of an impasse on Capitol Hill that leaves the Obama administration with no additional resources to deal with the border surge. Republican leaders have said they will not give the president a ?blank check? without policy changes. The Congressional Hispanic Caucus was set to meet with Mr. Obama on Wednesday afternoon, and White House officials were to brief Democratic senators on the border issue in the evening.

Ms. Pelosi, in an interview on Wednesday, said she had spoken with Mr. Cuellar, and suggested it was not a friendly conversation.

?I do think the bill that was introduced is exactly the wrong way to go,? she said. ?Is the only immigration bill we're going to have one that hurts children??

She said the Congressional Hispanic Caucus had united against any bill that changes the way children migrants are treated. The rest of the House Democratic caucus will follow the Latino lawmakers? lead, she said.

?This crisis is an opportunity to demonstrate who we are as a country,? Ms. Pelosi said.

Ms. Pelosi sought to highlight what she sees as a stark contrast between House Republicans pursuing a lawsuit against Mr. Obama and House Democrats who unveiled a legislative agenda for 2015 in the event that they take control of the House.

That agenda includes raising the minimum wage to $10.10 an hour, allowing college students and graduates to refinance their student loans at lower interest rates, expanding access to preschool for 4-year-olds, and mandating paid sick leave nationally.

?While they are engaged in suing the president, with the opportunity costs of time and money on that, we're talking about jobs,? she said.

Speaker John A. Boehner of Ohio on Wednesday made virtually the same point, but he blamed Senate Democrats.

?It's Civics 101: Congress is composed of two houses. In one of them, the House of Representatives, we are making the American people?s top priority ? jobs and the economy ? our top priority,? he wrote in the National Review. ?The other house of Congress, the Senate, is controlled by the president's own political party. The Senate has done almost nothing

Sure sounds like the house will pass this bill and Dude can then explain why the senate refuses a vote. People in this country are stupid. She promises big legislation called free crap for non taxpayers and calls it doing the work we were elected to do. Dumb broad needs to get back in the kitchen.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom