Obituary

justr_86

Long Time Member
?Professor Joseph Olson of Hamline University School of Law in St. Paul , Minnesota , points out some interesting facts concerning November's Presidential election:?*??? Number of States won by:? ? ? ? ? ? ? Obama: 19? ? ? ? ???McCain: 29*??? Square miles of land won by:? ? ? ???Obama: 580,000? ? McCain: 2,427,000*??? Population of counties won by:? ? ? Obama: 127 million? McCain: 143 million*??? Murder rate per 100,000? ? ? ? ? ? ? ???Obama: 13.2? ? McCain: 2.1? ?Professor Olson adds: "In aggregate, the map of the territory McCain won was mostly the land owned by the taxpaying citizens of the country.? ? Obama territory mostly encompassed those citizens living in low income tenements and living off various forms of government welfare..."? ? Olson believes the United States is now somewhere between the "complacency and apathy" phase of Professor Tyler's definition of democracy, with some forty percent of the nation's population already having reached the "governmental dependency" phase.? ? If Congress grants amnesty and citizenship to twenty million criminal invaders called illegals - and they vote - then we can say goodbye to the? USA in fewer than five years.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

100% false.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/ballot/athenian.asp

I don't support Obama, but let's take him down with facts.

How about the fact that just as many troops are deployed in a combat zone now as there were when he was elected. They just moved a few of them around....(by the way, I support our troops, just pointing this out because of his campaign promise to have them home in 6 months)

Or the fact that a General recognized as the smartest mind in counter terrorism in the world lost his job for disagreeing with Obama.

Or the recovery bill... The number of unemployed is still just as high. The only difference is new fillings are down because more benefits have ran out.

Health care - Really, it's a tax savings and will reduce the deficit?

Deficit up 40% as a percent of the GDP in under 2 years he has been in office.

And he is hanging with Beyonce, and Oprah. Delivering his message on the View, and letting Justin Bieber perform private shows for his kids.... Wish I could get that kind of recognition for being a failure.

+ 1000 Archer..

I hate it when I wake up in the morning and Barack Obama is President.

dont forget about his support of a muslim mosque on hallowed ground....yes, he DOES support it (even thought 70% of new yorkers DO NOT). and even goes on to say that this should be a reminder that muslims have always been apart of the united states....referencing some jefferson hosted ramada dinner from yesteryear. what a piece of #####. cannot wait for 2012.

Archerelk;

You might want to do some research on snopes.com. You may find it was created by a CA. man & wife team that may not be as impartial as you would want them to be when reporting items to be true or false.

I would use other sources for verifying items, and not depend on snopes to be the final word as there is some reports that say they fail to fully investigate some things that may differ then their political beliefs.

RELH

>dont forget about his support of
>a muslim mosque on hallowed
>ground....yes, he DOES support it
>(even thought 70% of new
>yorkers DO NOT). and even
>goes on to say that
>this should be a reminder
>that muslims have always been
>apart of the united states....referencing
>some jefferson hosted ramada dinner
>from yesteryear. what a piece
>of #####. cannot wait for
>2012.

He should accurately portray what part radical Islam has had in our history. They have in fact, played a big part in our history. The US Navy was created in response to radical Islam. After Islamic pirates kept taking ships and demanding ransoms from both domestic and international merchant ships, Jefferson refused to pay ransoms and created the US Navy who soon became the unquestioned power in the sea after the Barbary wars. So yes, Muslims have been a part of the US. Too bad we couldnt reincarnate Jefferson to stop putting up with this !@#$.

So deepforks - how far away from ground zero does a place have to be before it is not "hallowed ground"? Not that I care about what Obama says or does one way or the other nor do I support Islam or anything like that. Just wondering...

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

how about this for an answer....far enough away that it does not offend 70% of the nation and does not make national news. it's a matter of respect, and these bastards clearly dont give a #####. im sorry, its absolutely sickening to me. i dont give two shits about the whole freedom to practice your religion, whereever you want. this should be the exception!! i'd better stop now......

LAST EDITED ON Aug-17-10 AT 06:04PM (MST)[p]Well I am going to play devil's advocate here a little - because as I said before, I really don't care and I don't mean to offend so please don't take this the wrong way, but what other businesses, organizations, religious centers etc. would you consider "inappropriate", "in bad taste" or "wrong" to be located near ground zero?

A Saudi Arabian restaurant?

A huge building owned primarily by China?

A fashion merchandising company whose part owner has been linked to an organization that funds Al Queda, Hamas and the PLO?

Because if you are really in favor of protecting the sanctity of the "hallowed ground" at ground zero (1 World Trade Center Plaza) then you should really take a look at some of the proposed business that will be going DIRECTLY on that "hallowed ground" instead of blocks away and get ready for a real fight.

UTROY

Well that's just it - I am not trying to "get into anything" I just asked a question to illustrate a point. The point is this, this proposed mosque is two blocks away from ground zero, but the businesses I listed - well they will probably actually BE in the new tower that is to be built. Even though we revere this as "hallowed ground" - and I am not arguing with you on that point - I totally agree and feel that out of respect to those who died and others who risked their lives there we should hold it as sacred. But where do we draw the line? How far out does that control extend?? Did you know that there is a prayer center INSIDE the Pentagon that holds weekly Islamic prayer meetings led by an Imam? How come we aren't protesting that??

The bottom line is this - we won't have much control over what type of buisness that this half chinese owned building will hold. (Yep - that's right - China will own HALF of it - why do you think we can't call it "The Freedom Tower"??) These are just a few of the planned businesses that are proposed to be located there. I just think the battle over a mosque a few blocks away is misplaced and it has been blown totally out of proportion. We should save our energies for other bigger battles that are yet to come down the pike.

OK Mods - you probably should move this thread to the Political Forum now...

UTROY

Roy, I don't believe it's just a mosque mosque. I listened to Bill Bennett this morning. He interviewed Steve Emerson of the Investigative Project on Terrorism. Here is a link.

http://www.billbennett.com/

On the right is a "listen now" button.

We may hear more about this soon.

Yeah I heard about this too - but I think it is just the tip of the iceberg to come.

UTROY

LAST EDITED ON Aug-19-10 AT 08:58AM (MST)[p]My "buddy" Carlos (HomerJ - who has sworn to me he won't post any more) sent me this article this morning. I got a kick out of it, though I won't go off on a rant about it like Homie would

Just food for thought I guess...

EDIT - Warning strong language - Carlos didn't tell me about that and I didn't read it all the way before posting!

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/archives/2010/08/dear_rest-of-am.php

UTROY

As a professional firefighter the World Trade site should be left as a undeveloped open pit as a scar to remind those who so easily forget what really happened on 9/11. 2,752 people of non military status died in NYC, of those 341 Firefighters, 2 FDNY Para's, 23 NYPD, and 37 Port Authority died going up while trying to get 17,000+ men, women, & children down. Of the 17,000+ people in the WTC buildings that morning, without the willingness of so few there would have been a greater number to die that day. As for the mosque HELL NO!

These numbers DO NOT include the Chicken S*%T Cowards that carried out the attacks.

NYC
Civilians-> 2,341
FDNY-> 343
NYPD-> 23 Emergency Services -> 411
PA -> 37
Other FR-> 8
Civilians-> 2,341

Total-> 2,752

PENTAGON
Civilians-> 94
Military -> 90
Total -> 184

Flight 93
Civilians-> 40

These numbers don't include the deaths that have occurred sense the attacks caused by contaminates to the recovery workers, or the soldiers KIA trying to right this tragedy.

Remember to thank a hero (FF, COP, MEDIC, SOLDIER) every day cause they are the thankless bunch that is always ready to be there for you.

GOD BLESS THE USA

mtcowboy, i wasnt going to post anything else in this until i saw yours. just wanted to say i 100% agree with everything you said and it was spot on.

the village voice huh? that is typical liberal ass horseshit right there....plain and simple.

I agree with what you said too Mt. Cowboy. In fact, the next time I am able to worship WHEREVER and HOWEVER I chose I will definitely remember to thank any veterans, including my father, grandfathers, uncles, brothers-in-law and many friends that I appreciate their sacrifices and their endeavors to ensure that I can still worship HOW I chose, WHERE I chose and WHEN I chose. Those are pretty important, basic, fundamental freedoms ensured to EVERY individual in the United States, and I am thankful for that.

Deepforks - I am not trying to argue or offend so I apologize if any of this has upset you or your sensibilities. As far as the article is concerned, yes it has a liberal take, but I think the point it makes is quite clear.

UTROY

I dont care to see it built, but if it is I'm wondering how long it will be before it burns and when it burns I'm wondering how long it will take the fire dept. to get there and put out the fire.

These things have a way of taking care of themselves.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom